A flipper/scammer gets busted

-
Where is it illegal to carry my shotgun across state lines?
No I don't break laws everyday.

So you don't think a 73 duster with a 71 Dash is a misrepresentation?

In CT anything with a firearm is illegal... Or at least will garner Law Enforcement attention. If you had it on a rack, parked in a parking lot, the cops would come and find you because someone will call them.

Over the years I've found anyone that says "I never break any laws" is living on their own island, lying, or ignorant. If you don't signal for a turn, you broke a law. Rolled a stop sign - broke a law. Parked in front of the food store in the fire lane - broke a law. Own or possess a 50 round magazine in CT - broke a law. Bought .22cal ammo without a CCL in CT - broke a law. Ate a grape while shopping before the grapes get weighed - broke a law. Claimed $20 a week for church donations on your taxes but put in $5 - broke a law. We all do it every day.

In my hypothetical situation - no - it is not misrepresentation. In Tony's video's situation it clearly was. Two different scenarios.

"In CT anything with a firearm is illegal... Or at least will garner Law Enforcement attention."
So is it or is it not illegal to carry my shotgun to CT?

Notice I said "No I don't break laws everyday".

You say.
"Over the years I've found anyone that says "I never break any laws" is living on their own island, lying, or ignorant
Then you list a bunch of examples of things that You may do but I don't.

I ask you my question to you?
"So you don't think a 73 duster with a 71 Dash is a misrepresentation?"
You didn't answer it. You answer your own question.

"In my hypothetical situation - no - it is not misrepresentation. In Tony's video's situation it clearly was. Two different scenarios."

It sounds like you're presenting yourself as an everyday lawbreaker. So now I understand your defense of this illegal title on the car in the vidio. Cheating on taxes with your donations to the church. That is really sad. I had thought better of you.

Having not watched the video yet, since it's been mentioned about T being rude/aggressive about the car's faults, is this possibly an instance of the "seller" just playing the role for the video?

Having not watched the video yet, since it's been mentioned about T being rude/aggressive about the car's faults, is this possibly an instance of the "seller" just playing the role for the video?
That car was a mess, Tony was completely honest.

Buy it or move on.

How many hot rods have been pieced together from dozens of cars? Thousands?

I've looked at cars like this... used to buy high dollar for my brother and his investors. If you can't buy it for the money you want to pay you leave.

Having Mr. Mopar on the scene just adds more drama...

If you check with your local DMV or highway patrol it's probably illegal to switch engines and trans with out doing some legal paperwork and re title.. some states are more strict than others. Start scraping boys and girls.
Not true...

I bought a Barracuda years ago and wasn't going to do anything with it so a member here came by to check it out and possibly buy it. He looked real good under the car and noticed one of the frame rails was rusted. He seemed pretty irritated and I don't blame him because he drove about an hour to see it. I felt bad because I honestly had no clue. He probably thought I was just trying to hide it but I really didn't know. I mentioned all the rust I knew about on the quarters and everything but I didn't do any work to the car so I didn't give it a once over like I should have.

Wound up selling it for less than half what I paid because of it. My own fault for not doing a thorough enough check when I bought it but I kinda felt like the guy in the video as he was picking it apart. I could just see dollar signs falling out of my wallet but I did the right thing and changed my ad and added in the frame rust.

usually chit happens when a Chevy guy gets his hands on a MOPAR. Things like painting the engine bay black, etc. I think atthis point finding a completely original car that runs and drives for a song is out of the question. I beleivein the video Tony says its an "8 Grand" car or something like that? wasnt the guy asking 10? so, even with the car being a hack job its still worth 8?...

Buy it or move on.

How many hot rods have been pieced together from dozens of cars? Thousands?

I've looked at cars like this... used to buy high dollar for my brother and his investors. If you can't buy it for the money you want to pay you leave.

Having Mr. Mopar on the scene just adds more drama...
I think the point is that if "you're" buying it, you know what you're looking at. Young folks that want a taste of their first Mopar (or any car really)can/will get ripped off.

Not a bad car, just not what the seller was selling! 5k Car IMO.

Well I learned something new. I had no idea that was illegal. I thought as long as the vin matched the title it didnt matter. As a matter of fact I know a guy that did that. He had a 69 mustang that was very solid but didnt have a title. He bought a completely rusty basket case 69 mustang out of a junkyard that had a title and he used the vin plate and I think (dont quote me on this it's been a while) the radiator support out of the junkyard car and he had a title that matched that vin. Granted he didnt do it to flip it and sell. I'm pretty sure he still has the car. But I never knew that was illegal.
That guy changed his story so many times lol.
Isn't that what bikers do? Buy old frames with titles and build to that frame? I thought the new mustang body you can buy was like that as long as you have one , you can transfer the vin to the new shell and destroy the old one. Seems harmless?

Isn't that what bikers do? Buy old frames with titles and build to that frame? I thought the new mustang body you can buy was like that as long as you have one , you can transfer the vin to the new shell and destroy the old one. Seems harmless?
Not sure about that. I know back in '74 I was pulled over by the NJSP while riding my Harley. After asking for my info, he compared the registration vin to the one on the motor. Fortunately it was the same. While working for an H-D dealership I've ordered big inch motors from JIMS for customers and they came with MSO's( manufacturer statement of origin).

I think the laws are the same for bike VINs too but that doesn't stop people from doin it.

All these cats doin this unethical stuff to other people......it'll catch up to um one day. They better hope it's in this life, too cause it'll be much worse after.

Not sure about that. I know back in '74 I was pulled over by the NJSP while riding my Harley. After asking for my info, he compared the registration vin to the one on the motor. Fortunately it was the same. While working for an H-D dealership I've ordered big inch motors from JIMS for customers and they came with MSO's( manufacturer statement of origin).
what would happen if you got a : bigger, newer, one that didnt have a cracked case motor for your bike, tell DMV? sound almost like you coudnt get a bike motor from pick-a-part as it probably was still in the system unless they dropped it when they sold it to the yard. F'n more DMV BS.

what would happen if you got a : bigger, newer, one that didnt have a cracked case motor for your bike, tell DMV? sound almost like you coudnt get a bike motor from pick-a-part as it probably was still in the system unless they dropped it when they sold it to the yard. F'n more DMV BS.
I know motors have come up for sale that have been removed from bikes that have been upgraded to aftermarket motors or wrecked (and are in wrecking yards)and people have purchased and installed them and no one is the wiser. Not sure about all States, but when I moved Nevada, the officers at the DMV have an area where they checked the vin on my Harley frame and motor BEFORE I could change my title to Nv. If you want to replace your complete motor, H-D requires the right half of your engine case (with the vin stamping) and then they will re stamp your new motor with the correct vin but it has to be ordered thru a dealership.

It is not illegal to put parts on you car from other cars. Junk yards sell body parts all day long.
It is illegal to switch VINs and titles tho.
Yes it is illegal-different states have alternate laws. Own a salvage yard and you will find states demand a paper trail. If you own a 1969 and you have not photocopied the title from both cars you have removed and replaced VINs. Your resident lawyer that rebuilt a 69 M code former race car using panels from another 69 barracuda unless he has photocopies of both titles indicating the panels reused can be prosecuted should a later owner complain. Be very careful when you are judging someone else because I guarantee that none are”Lilly white”!!!

Yes it is illegal-different states have alternate laws. Own a salvage yard and you will find states demand a paper trail. If you own a 1969 and you have not photocopied the title from both cars you have removed and replaced VINs. Your resident lawyer that rebuilt a 69 M code former race car using panels from another 69 barracuda unless he has photocopies of both titles indicating the panels reused can be prosecuted should a later owner complain. Be very careful when you are judging someone else because I guarantee that none are”Lilly white”!!!

Federal law says it is illegal to remove or alter the VIN on an automobile.
If you buy a fender from a wrecking yard I'm sure you will have a paper trail because you will have a receipt for the part that you bought.

Federal law says it is illegal to remove or alter the VIN on an automobile.
If you buy a fender from a wrecking yard I'm sure you will have a paper trail because you will have a receipt for the part that you bought.
YOU SHOULD have a receipt. The problem arises when someone complains. Do you always get a photocopy of the title from the parts vehicle? Some states require it. When I ship out of state I am required to send a photocopy

If I need to carry a gun somewhere for something, guess what? It's gettin carried, laws be damned.

YOU SHOULD have a receipt. The problem arises when someone complains. Do you always get a photocopy of the title from the parts vehicle? Some states require it. When I ship out of state I am required to send a photocopy

I'm 65 and in all that time You are the only person I have ever heard of that does that. Are the feds after you for something? Stolen car parts or cars?

From my dealings with @d5667, theres no reason for me to believe that this is the case. Good upstanding member that unfortunately doesn't pop in as often as he used to. Larger fabo population means larger amount of......?????
From what I know living in Canuckistan, LOTS varies state by state. Heck when I was bringing cars across from US to here I had to "learn" CBP etc about bringing cars back lol.
Donnie is a good guy.
I'm 65 and in all that time You are the only person I have ever heard of that does that. Are the feds after you for something? Stolen car parts or cars?

I’m 64 had a yard for 21 years. These laws have been on the books for years. If you knowingly buy stolen property or build a vehicle with stolen parts you can be prosecuted. I know of a bunch of cars that have been rebuilt at the dealership that will not pass now if questioned

-
Back