A good reason to run braided lines on rear disk. Ouch!

-
Good to know. I don't think it'll ever be an issue for me since I run 17" and 18" rims and pretty much all the backspace options for those require a stock width A-body rear or wider, but it's good info to have none the less.

Here's some shots of the interference I have between my rear disks and frame.

The calipers hit at 11 inches at the coilover and the coilover can compress to 10.75. So I'm needing at least another .25" clearance. At this point I'm just going to raise the car for simplicity.

Sounds like that will take care of it. It looks like you could gain that much clearance by clocking the adapters, but that's a lot of work to do for a 1/4" of ride height.

Good info to have all around, something to consider if you've got a significantly narrowed rear axle and want to go disks. Thanks for all the pictures!

Here's some shots of the interference I have between my rear disks and frame.

The calipers hit at 11 inches at the coilover and the coilover can compress to 10.75. So I'm needing at least another .25" clearance. At this point I'm just going to raise the car for simplicity.
I think it will look better anyway........the down over the tire look is not the best look our Mopars in my opinion.

Sounds like that will take care of it. It looks like you could gain that much clearance by clocking the adapters, but that's a lot of work to do for a 1/4" of ride height.

Good info to have all around, something to consider if you've got a significantly narrowed rear axle and want to go disks. Thanks for all the pictures!

Clocking it actually put it in a spot where the frame has a downward slope to it so it wouldn't have done me much good there. It was just as close on the front side as it was on the back side of the peak of the frame.
It's going up an inch on the axle mount because that's how far apart the adjustment holes are drilled. Then I'll back some of the preload off the springs and end up around a half inch higher in the end. That should still have a good stance and keep 1/4" clearance on the brake calipers for now. Will probably be similar to this ride height.

And yes I just wanted to get the info out there. I'm sure it's been talked on here before but sometimes problems like these need to resurface now and then so we can remember lol.

-
Back