-
Status
Not open for further replies.

eviper21

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
cant afford a new torque wrench. and all the ones on ebay / CL are cheap harbor freight, or still too expensive.

anyone lookin to get rid of a craftsman / mac / snap on / sk / husky / made in the USA torque wrench for cheap to help out a fellow FABO youngster??

thanks!

I was looking for one a few months ago.

The harbor freight one looks extremely cheap. Like they didn't even finish designing the handle.

Went to Sears and they were on sale for $45. Wife bought one for my birthday.

I've seen them on sale before. Keep checking.

cant afford a new torque wrench. and all the ones on ebay / CL are cheap harbor freight, or still too expensive.

anyone lookin to get rid of a craftsman / mac / snap on / sk / husky / made in the USA torque wrench for cheap to help out a fellow FABO youngster??

thanks!

I believe I have an extra one...Craftsman I think, I will chk later today on make and drive size

4spdragtop

I'll buy another HF one before another Craftsman. We have had three Craftman and all three (including the one they repaired) have come loose in the handle.. Plus, there's no lifetime warranty on them...........

X2 jim lusk, the CRAFTSman I HAD DID THE SAME THING,FELL APART in my hand,sear's said sorry we can not help you. junk!!!!! I BOUGHT A SUPER NICE
one used from MATCO FOR 50.00. WORKS GREAT.

Where the heck did u get a matco torque wrench for $50??!!

I have two craftsman torque wrenches that I'm not really all that impressed with. Neither has broken or failed on me, but for the price that I paid I would think they would be a better quality. I don't like plastic parts on a torque wrench, just doesn't seem like a good idea. :-|

I'd keep checking CL or garage sales for a older Craftsman or Snap on wrench. They can be recalibrated pretty easily if they need to be, I inherited a Snap-On torque wrench and had it checked out for like $20. Nothing had to be done to it though.

I have 4 SnapOn torque wrenches and all nut one came from eBay. The eBay ones cost me from $40 to $70 each. I didn't buy them over night and waited until deals came along. Working on late model cars there is a wide range of torque wrenches needed. Back in the old days two torque wrenches would do the whole car.

I know this is no where near you but I thought another member might be a buyer.

Kent-Moore USA made model j-5853 torque wrench in good condition $10

http://cincinnati.daype.com/merchan...ds-torque-wrench-10-Cincinnati-Ad-456516.html

Snap on 3/8,1/2,3/4 torque wrenches calibrated, 200 all 3 or best offer each. ***-***-XXXX. search my phone # for other tools!
See link for phone number.

http://wisconsin.freeshopperads.com/tools/snap-on-381234-torque-wrenches.html

i have three torque wrenches i dont use they are 1/4 3/8 and 1/2 drives there the clickers i also have a angle adaptor for the 3/8 to torque in degrees of angle. call or text if interested 1-623-418-7562 i am askin 150 obo

http://albuquerque.backpage.com/ToolsForSale/150-snap-on-torque-wrenches/3489061

Torque Wrench 1/2" drive - Snap-On Price: 45

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1156023

Thanks Okla. I emailed a few people hopefully i here back. If anyone else comes upon a deal please let me know

i have had the clicker but now i have the beam type..anybody else like the beam type ???

the Craftsmen DOES have a lifetime warranty! Broke the handle on one trying to unfreeze a stuck lug nut on an old Courier and walked in, swapped it out, and drove home...

i have a HF torque wrench. I put together a 2.6 liter turbo 4cyl with it. But i didnt trust it. I still dont trust it, and im not gonna put together my 318 with it. I have a 3/8" torque wrench too but it only goes to 70 ft-lbs. So im definitely trying to find a snap on or matco etc.

the Craftsmen DOES have a lifetime warranty! Broke the handle on one trying to unfreeze a stuck lug nut on an old Courier and walked in, swapped it out, and drove home...

Not all do. I bought a new one a couple yrs. ago and it said right on the package the warranty was only 90 days.

You were using a precision instrument to break frozen lug nuts loose???:violent1: Even if you wouldn't have broken it it would have been junk.

got a MAC tools torque wrench on ebau for 35 bucks...steal!

anyone know where i can get it calibrated??

call a machine shop. they have to get they're measuring tools calibrated and my know of a place.

Try northern tool. i have a 3/8 and it aint too bad. i think it was 30 bucks

I bought a used Snap On Torq O Meter off Ebay this past year. Calibrations are free through any Snap On dealer, but it was still right on the mark. Although it does not have a convenient "click" when it reaches the preset torque, it does have a light that comes on and that still works. Since they have a dial type readout, a lot of people think they are obsolete, but they work great. I got mine for under 75 bucks shipped and it sold for well over 200 when new and still works as new. Here is one to watch. I don't think it has the light on it, though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNAP-ON-1-2...H_DefaultDomain_0&vxp=mtr&hash=item231730ec12

btw, the only Craftsman torque wrenches that have the lifetime warranty are the beam types and not all of them do. The click type Craftsman is no longer considered a hand tool because it has moving parts on the inside.

Finds a Mac tool dealer. My Snap On dealer still calibrates all mine for free. If Mac does not, they have fallen behind.

Stroker, are your Snappy torque wrenches like this one?
Those can be calibrated easily once the original seal is removed and many dealers have a calibration tool on their truck. Mac torque wrenches have a lead plug in the handle that has to be removed and can't be calibrated on the truck. I have all my wrenches calibrated by a Quad State Gauging (local). tmm

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 183

I paid 50 for a half inch Mac with box and papers used for one rebuild. Like new. Wait for a deal if you can.

Save your money and get a beam type - they never need recalibrating and nothing to go wrong on them.. Not as fancy as a click type but they get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back