-
Status
Not open for further replies.

superbyrd

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
since it has already been pointed out that ads need to be written better,how about some pointers to being a better,albeit,potential buyer.
most sellers on here and abroad,generally include a phone number,or e-mail to accept pics of potential trades,to be used by serious buyers. that said,lets break down a few things......
if there is a phone number in the ad,and you post on the ad with questions,or asking for a lower price,or e-mail with questions,etc. we automatically know you are a tire kicker,do not have the money to spend,and conviently have your computer to hide behind. you are wasting everyones time doing this,so,in the future,think before doing so.

tire-kickers in general. if a person has a vehicle or something for sale,lets say,for $5000.00. if you are a serious buyer,then you really shouldn't even bothering contacting the seller,unless you actually have the $5000 at your disposal. then if you and the buyer work out a different price,at least you actually had the money on hand to buy. if you are looking at that $5000.00 vehicle,and you know that you only have $500 to spend,don't bother the seller with a world of questions,then tell them you will be there tomorrow to buy/pickup, and then never show. besides,after talking with these types (and you know who you are) we already know the tire kicker you are within a few minutes of the conversation,so,again,stop wasting everyones time.

no show jones'. these are the folks,who call,ask right off the bat,without asking a single question about the part or vehicle,what is the bottom dollar you will take,you tell them,and immediately ask for your address,and tell you they are on the way right now to buy,or be there this time tomorrow,blah,blah,blah,then fall off the earth. again,if you have no money,no means of having it,and are not absolutely serious,don't bother wasting all this time.

for those out there that participate in these games, your wife,girlfriend,mother,grandmother,etc,already know you are a liar,and full of BS,but,they have learned to love you that way. the rest of us really don't care or want to.
if i have an item for sale,and you just have some questions about it,just because you want to learn something,or trying to gain knowledge,then i will gladly chew the fat with you all day long. for all the rest of the aforementioned tire-kickers,daydreamers,and wishers,save yourself,and the rest of us,alot of wasted time,and stay hidden behind your computer,before you reveal to the rest of the world who you really are.

think about these things,and maybe,they will make you a better potential buyer.

What drives me nuts is potential buyers calling and asking questions that were clearly stated in the ad because that is all they can think of, or, asking nothing else but what my address is without making an appointment.

I like this thread-Just had a potential buyer,we talked on the phone- emailed-I came down on the price,got everything set up so that he had no shipping,I pulled the trans off the engine loaded it in the back of my truck,tied it down hooked up the trailer,called the guy I was buying other parts from, set up time to pick them up.Then I get a call from this guy and now all he wants is a 10.00 part.Yeah I have had my share!!!

no,it really doesn't "need" to be said,but unfortunately,it's the naature of the beast seems like. if you are one of the aforementioned,than this post will piss those people off,and posting a negative reply to this post will call them out,so,sit back,enjoy,and laugh. if you are like me,and you have something for sale,you can bet on your mamas love,if i call you/contact you,i have the money on hand,and if i tell you,i'm on my way,or tell you a time i'm coming,you better be there. i don't kick tires. period. get tired of those who do. thats why i said this.

Superbyrd..I just went through selling a set of bunk beds through kijiji which is similar to craigslist ,the BS that we took....it is too a point where I cringe when I think of selling anything.

Was selling some mx gear a while back... probably have about 5 or 600$ left..and this number is heavily discounted..this guy was trying to hook up with me..I sent him a price list. I had to go get him because he couldn't get his semi in our subdivision. He said he didn't see my email and proceeded to tell me where he could get all my parts cheaper..he bought a 5 dollar part..and he waisted over an hour of my Sunday family time.

Normally, but not all the time..when I ask for shipping, clarification or particulars.. it is usually a done deal..

Sellers get rated here..so should buyers..

My 2 cents

Grassy

since it has already been pointed out that ads need to be written better,how about some pointers to being a better,albeit,potential buyer.
most sellers on here and abroad,generally include a phone number,or e-mail to accept pics of potential trades,to be used by serious buyers. that said,lets break down a few things......
if there is a phone number in the ad,and you post on the ad with questions,or asking for a lower price,or e-mail with questions,etc. we automatically know you are a tire kicker,do not have the money to spend,and conviently have your computer to hide behind. you are wasting everyones time doing this,so,in the future,think before doing so.

tire-kickers in general. if a person has a vehicle or something for sale,lets say,for $5000.00. if you are a serious buyer,then you really shouldn't even bothering contacting the seller,unless you actually have the $5000 at your disposal. then if you and the buyer work out a different price,at least you actually had the money on hand to buy. if you are looking at that $5000.00 vehicle,and you know that you only have $500 to spend,don't bother the seller with a world of questions,then tell them you will be there tomorrow to buy/pickup, and then never show. besides,after talking with these types (and you know who you are) we already know the tire kicker you are within a few minutes of the conversation,so,again,stop wasting everyones time.

no show jones'. these are the folks,who call,ask right off the bat,without asking a single question about the part or vehicle,what is the bottom dollar you will take,you tell them,and immediately ask for your address,and tell you they are on the way right now to buy,or be there this time tomorrow,blah,blah,blah,then fall off the earth. again,if you have no money,no means of having it,and are not absolutely serious,don't bother wasting all this time.

for those out there that participate in these games, your wife,girlfriend,mother,grandmother,etc,already know you are a liar,and full of BS,but,they have learned to love you that way. the rest of us really don't care or want to.
if i have an item for sale,and you just have some questions about it,just because you want to learn something,or trying to gain knowledge,then i will gladly chew the fat with you all day long. for all the rest of the aforementioned tire-kickers,daydreamers,and wishers,save yourself,and the rest of us,alot of wasted time,and stay hidden behind your computer,before you reveal to the rest of the world who you really are.

think about these things,and maybe,they will make you a better potential buyer.
Well said. Steve

I know what you mean....have dealt with dealings like that many times in the past.

I have even had to go through it a few times recently right here on fabo.

I offer up stickers to the folks here on fabo at a big discount compared to what I would locally and compared to what alot of other companies would charge.

a couple of times now, I have had people here on fabo contact me wanting to buy stickers and letting me know they have an idea that they would like me to turn into a sticker. I spend my free time I could be spending with my family designing an image for someone that they want as a sticker......and PM'ing back and forth for hours at a time...sometimes days at a time.

then after I send them the image and they say that they loved it. then they say that they don't have the money....one guy said " oh I seen your work and thought it was cool and wanted to see what you could make of my idea" (after multiple PM's of making it sound asthough he had plans to buy and what not).

another guy first agreed to pay with paypal and then when it came down to brass tax he said he would have to send a money order and then I heard nothing from him or received nothing from him.

I just can't stand that stuff. you know, for the most part... I offer my design time for free because it helps get people interested and shows possibilities and I have fun with it (most of the time lol)...and I have no problem doing it for those who are seriously interested or if I think it might get the word out a little bit.....BUT I can't stand the people who aid in wasting my time when they know all the while that they can not afford it or whatever the case may be and they just choose not to mention it until after I have came up with a design for them and sent it to them......then they get to keep the images free of charge and use as backgrounds on there computer or whatever the case may be.

I don't know ,sorry for the rant lol...but I see what you mean.

some people out there just don't think crap through before taking actions.....their desires out think the reality and they act on what they want without thinking about what they have.

I can truly say to superbyrd "amen"
i've had my share of exactly what you said,plus some.
Thanks for listening,
sam

ah the golden rule of successful sales people everywhere
"tell the customer where to stick it!"

Hey alsdemon,
i'm in mantua-north of ravenna
n//e of kent(state route 44)

These posts usually turn into two camps. Very often I see the buyer thread where it is nothing but slamming sellers for 3 pages. Maybe justified I don't know. I am usually a seller (not here, jeep parts) and it is tough selling. Buying brings its own problems too. Everything said here has is frustrating and true as well.

I have come to this conclusion:

I need to be the best buyer I can. Do what I say I will, pay on time, communicate and be honest.

Sales is the same. Lots of pics, lots of communication and be timely.

I have spent a lot of time getting frustrated in the past with customers. It isn't worth it. I try and cut people some slack and just be patient. Slow down and follow the Golden Rule.

The truth is, that we need both. I need buyers, so I do what I can to work with them. I also need parts, so I play the game to get what I need.

We need each other and we need to remember that.

Have a Merry Christmas!

ROB

this really has to be said?
Yes it does, If i had a dollar for all the time wasted and hanging around home for buyers that never showed or kept me on the phone for nonsense i would be a rich man. One of the reasons I dont post parts i have that want to get rid of. I could have a full time job checking shipping quotes.

kinda like what JEEPER said.....

everyone needs to KNOW when you buy parts from Private sellers and NOT from businesses, NO ONE is just sitting around with nothing better to do than ship your part. We all have lives that interrupt our hobbies, Selling is no different, it is part of the hobby...and while I like to be as timely as possible, **** DOES happen. Frankly speakin, I am not about to drop my life on the floor for anything and especially NOT for low dollar stuff ....no offense meant ....just getting $100 or three hundred for a part or even 6k for a car does not warrant, dropping everything to ONLY focus on the packaging and delivery. Things take time in life, finding the right package so your part does not get ruined TAKES TIME. I dont have proper packaging for everything I have, it has to be found and typically that is DONE AFTER THE SALE....time. if I have listed MORE than one part...multiply that time by however many parts are listed. I have YET to see ONE store that carries everything I would ever need to ship everything I have ever shipped....again TIME! Patience is the key....I have the patience to package and ship using the best most protecting packaging I can find.....I know everyone get anxious but try to think of it as a CUSTOM PART being CUSTOM PACKAGED ALSO....I cannot ship during the week most shippers including USPS are CLOSED by the time I get home from work...which says if I miss shipping or am not ready this Sat...it will have to wait till NEXt sat.....TIME!!! be patient even if this is a lil business for some....it is still being done out of the house and the containers and shipping materials have to be sought and purchased etc etc....
YES this does need to be said.... too often people get pissed because their part is not on their doorstep within 3 -5 days and too many "i'll be there " then NO SHOW happens

be nice if we all remembered what the word courtesy meant a lil common courtesy goes a long way

when you buy parts from Private sellers and NOT from businesses, NO ONE is just sitting around with nothing better to do than ship your part. We all have lives that interrupt our hobbies, Selling is no different, it is part of the hobby...and while I like to be as timely as possible, **** DOES happen.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back