A little cool today

-

OldVart

Reaction score
Well folks, it's -20*C here this morning with a mean-assed Norwester blowing, making it -33*C with the wind chill factor. If it gets any cooler I may have to look for my gloves. :thumbup: For you non-Northerners, that's damned cold even in Farenheit. :toothy7: You can tell it's getting cold because I spotted a politician this morning with his hands IN HIS OWN POCKETS. :angel9:

OldVart said:
Well folks, it's -20*C here this morning...... :angel9:

Damn, that's not cold, that's punishment! If I had my way I'd pack up my crap and head out to San Diego (or that general area) TOMORROW. Sooner if at all possible. We're having a mild November so far, but I know what's coming, and it ain't pretty.

Good luck Sid. I couldn't deal with weather that cold, both physically & mentally.

Yup, when this sticking cold, supposed to be - 30 degC (-22 degF) saturday night, arctic high heads east in a couple days and mixes with that nice damp east coast air you boys are going to get dumped on. So warm up them shovels and have Fun. :sad:

John, San Diedo would be nice, but after 57 years in this country, I'd probably miss the cold and snow. :) You kind of get used to having 3 bumps in your throat - your Adam's Apple and a gonad on each side of it. :sad:

Demon, yah they're talking -30C here for Saturday and Sunday with a daytime high of -25C each day. I guess I'll hunker down and snuggle up to mama - or maybe go moose hunting. :-k I bet I'd get luckier with the moose....... :lol:

Jesus Sid, it's to sticking cold to go "loose lip" hunting. They'll be hunkered down in the trees trying to keep warm to. I always tried to get out the first decent day after a cold snap when they're moving around looking for something to eat.

OldVart said:
Well folks, it's -20*C here this morning with a mean-assed Norwester blowing, making it -33*C with the wind chill factor. If it gets any cooler I may have to look for my gloves. :thumbup: For you non-Northerners, that's damned cold even in Farenheit. :toothy7: You can tell it's getting cold because I spotted a politician this morning with his hands IN HIS OWN POCKETS. :angel9:

My kidlet now lives in Calgary. He said the cold there (dry cold) just isn't the same kind of cold as West BC near the water. He said +10 in damp BC feels colder and go's right through ya. New to me?

It's supposed to be in the mid 50's for the next few days here in Pa.:toothy7: ,this is unusually warm for this time of the year!

here we are about 1/2 mile from the beach and have had so much rain[18+in.this mo.] went out side wash the lady bosses[wife] car with out getting the hose out. with the wind blowing the rain side ways you get a good rinse job

supposed to be - 30 degC (-22 degF) saturday night

Now that's cold!

Yesterday it was 75*F, today about 70. The average for this time of year is about 55*. After a lifetime of working in and fighting the cold I'm glad the winters are warming up. The wif and I plan to retire at 60 and move to SE Oklahoma, rolling mountains, warm winters, and lower taxes. :)

Well good mornin yall, memike from northeast Arkansas .I spent half the day outside burnin leaves and other GRASS on this mountain we call home.
I had to keep my beer on ice it was so warm here.I to like a littel cold and snow on the ground.But not this week. today's high,s me and 68 deg ,tomorrow about the same
tues lowes will be 23deg. I sure do miss the snow,In grandrapids Mish. I remember pickin apples and the snow sure was fun and feasent huntin was grate.
Like they all say here in Arkansas If you don't like the weather just wait it will change :thumbup:

OldVart said:
Evil, you're (see first word in sentence) :)
teu05.gif

Its been in the fifties all week here in Green Bay. Had my car out for a drive today. Its supposed to rain for the next five days and then get colder. Time to button up the car for the winter. Next month, off to Arizona.

DSC00065 (Small).JPG

Old Vart, It hasn't been to the frezze mark yet hear in N.Y.C. Come South young man, come south.

don't think that will ever happen,Oldvart is happy were he is.
he need's to stay there incase I deside to go north and cross that fence :drinkers:

Rumble, some days that's a tempting thought. :) Just fer instance, got up Saturday morning to go moose hunting, checked my thermometer, and it's reading -28*C and there's a mean Westerly blowin' straight up my kilt. Hmmm, maybe we'll leave the moose until next week. :coffee2: Sunday morning at 0800 I check the mercury, and it's sitting at -29*C, but at least the wind had gone down and after the sun came up I got my a$$ out and shoveled a bunch of snow that had fallen and blown around. This morning it was only -21*C, but -33*C with the freakin' Norwester blowin' again. Of course it had snowed a bunch again and I had to put the old Cherokee in 4x4 just to get out of my driveway. :goodman:
Mike, come on North for a while and we'll get you set up with a snow shovel! :angel9:

Yep ! I have shoveled a few driveway's in nourthern Ill for frend,s and family.
now that I think about it they mixed seigram 7 and southern comfert together.
so that's how they kept me motovated.
I am sure I would injoy it,I sure would like to see that country some time

Hey, I love my shovel. I fill it with gas, hit the electric start, wait for it to warm up and then go to town. The only drawback is that I should have bought the model with heated hand grips. Oh well.

I used a jeepster comando in grandrapide's mish, 70 model it was the best and a beast of a jeep,The heater did work. :salut: :drinkers:

I have 2 Jeep Cherokees and a Grand Cherokee in the yard because the driveway into my house from the road is 350 yards long - yes, Mike, in each direction. :toothy7: The snow has to be REALLY deep before one or all of the old Jeeps can't negotiate through it. They aren't much good for cleaning snow off the patio or steps though.... :yawinkle:

Demon, you really should have gotten the model with the heated hand grips. :goodman:

On this hill I will have to take some folk's to work this winter and spring .
becaus we have the only auto that will do it in the snow and mud .97 grand cherokee the wife drive's to work. Don't ya lovem.

Down in New Brunswick it's not that cold YET. We did not even get our first real good frost. The ground is not frozen and we just get light frost at night and about +5 during the day. It's still too cold to do any work on my car in my unheated garage.

-
Back