A little cool today

-
Snowin' like crazy in Colorado right now. Got about 4" since this morning and supposed to get another 12".

Gee, thanks OldVart! Actually I don't mind snow that much. :toothy5: We really got hammered last night and yesterday. I measured 34" in the backyard with drifts over 5'. The post office is closed (almost never happens!) and the National Guard was called out last night to rescue stranded motorists. This will be my second day working from home (Dang that remote access!). Here's some pics.

The funny looking wedge shaped drift in front of the red 4Runner is my neighbors car! If you look close, you can see the antenna sticking out. :cheers:

backyardrift.JPG

carsdrift.JPG

neighborsdrift.JPG

roofsnow.JPG

walkshovel.JPG

Yup, that looks very familiar. I was going to post about some free winter building supplies, (pick up only, no deliveries or shipping) perfect for first time builder of igloos, winter forts, and snowmen. However, I see you have your own building supply outfit right there in good old Colorado. :)

Yep, got the "Snow Depot" right here in the backyard! Did I mention it's still snowing? The weather guessers are saying another 5 to 8 inches by noon. At least I've got food :tongue8: and coffee :coffee2: but I'm on my last smoke and the carton is in the red 4Runner. Oh well, strap on the Sorels and go for a hike! :headbang:

Last smoke would get me out shoveling also. :) According to the weather folks, you're not out of the woods yet. I see they also cancelled the Flames and Avalanche game scheduled for tonight in Denver. Good luck.

Here in Sweden it has been so rainy that mostly all snow is gone! On the west coast one of the main highway are gone due to too much water. But hopefully it will getting better. Four weeks ago we had about 3 feet of snow. And now it's gone! I wonder how santa will make it this year..................?

Hey it's beautful here on southern Alberta. The chinooks are blowing their warm dry winds, it's +10C or 50F outside and the snow is just about gone as can be seen by the picture off my back deck. No work now till the new year so I'm going to vegetate till then. :headbang:

Terry

PC200001.JPG

65dartcharger said:
Here in Sweden it has been so rainy that mostly all snow is gone! On the west coast one of the main highway are gone due to too much water. But hopefully it will getting better. Four weeks ago we had about 3 feet of snow. And now it's gone! I wonder how santa will make it this year..................?

In a Mopar dude!! You don't need snow for those babies! :headbang:

Terry, that Chinook has been in full swing here for the past couple of day, but we still have a fair ammount of snow on the ground. Hopefully the SW wind will keep blowing and suck the rest of it up before the New Year.

Here in Akansas it is normal and we did get some snow and sleet on xmas day.
nothing like last feb this was going on

i000766_big.jpg

i000768_big.jpg

66dartman is getting hit again!!! 30 more inches #-o

-
Back