A little word of advise.

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Something I learned on the weekend.
If you are planning to fab your own frame connectors, make sure you measure how wide your sub-frames are first. I used the measurements from the Big-Block-Dart tech article and they are wrong. To make a long story short, I was in a hurry and didn't measure mine. BAD MOVE!
The tech article says to use a 2" by 3" by 53" piece of rectangular mild steel. Well my frame rails are 2 1/2 inches wide. So no matter how you look at it the 2x3 is not going to fit right. I was able to cut and weld things so they fit right and will be just as strong but it was a pain in the *** to do and it only cost me some time but that was time I should have spent elsewhere on the car.
Just thought I would warn everybody to not take things in tech articles as being gospel.

Jack

The 2x3 " square tubing is suppose to be inserted in the subframes along the 2' width. I use 2x2 inch square tubing and inserted them inside subframes. The 2x3 " tubing will protrude through the floor in back. While the 2x2 will not. If I understand you right. The 2x3 " tubing is not laid flat.

I'll have pics on the weekend. I haven't got anything in place and only one side fabbed. But it will work and I will have lots of pics for you then.

Jack

-
Back