A removable steering wheel with a stock steering column ?

-

70 Buster 340

Carbon Footprint
Reaction score
Getting over the door bar with a full size wheel is not fun...

Is there an adapter kit for a quick release removable steering wheel to a stock steering column ?

Well..there is...I dont know if you can continue to use turn signals and such...I have them in out 4 bracket cars.....

JEGS 60724: GM Splined Quick Release Steering Hub Meets SFI 42.1 specs | JEGS

It says GM but it fits the Dart...Duster and Demon steering shaft......Dont know if it will work with a stock steering wheel.....As we use an aftermarket smaller diameter steering wheel...

Used to have pictures on lap top...let me look......If not i still have the cars...lol

Can not find pictures on laptop....will take some from the car...tomorrow

I have a cheap ebay one that works fine, but as noted above, I couldn't see it working with a stock steering wheel.

Great ! Thanks !
Saw the "GM" one but had no idea it fits Mopar.
Have no need for the stock wheel if these work.... maybe a Tuff wheel clone would be slick.

Grant "no wheel no steal" adaptor is on my pickup truck. It has provision for a horn, but you must use a grant steering wheel and a grant steering wheel adaptor kit with it.

This wheel is in a 75 Duster bracket car....and that is the kit from Jegs I used.

20210114_114739_resized.jpg

20210114_114747_resized.jpg

20210114_114754_resized.jpg

20210114_114800_resized.jpg

20210114_114807_resized.jpg

That's Awesome !
Thanks ... !

Glad I asked ... would never have known that GM shaft/spline would be the same.

Does the nut press the spline adapter on or is it a slip fit ?

dont remember..lol....i think I might have tapped it on with a socket over it..and then once i had threads showing used the nut

-
Back