A Teenager and His Swinger

-
very cool... I too love the blacked out grille. of course I may be a little biased to that sort of thing since the grille in my Dart is mostly blacked out.. Cant wait to see what you do next... I have to ask, how did you get the cool driving pics? A friend hang out of another car to get them?

I actually had a friend drive it (that I trusted) and had someone get side by side with him while I took pictures.

Cool Dart! I bought my Dart at the age of 18. :) I think that a dark interior is a good decision. In your case it works perfectly with the blacked out grille.

I don't know how the reputation of Cooper Cobra is in the U.S. but in Austria they are not known for performance and good grip, particulary in rain...

Just a example...
We have some cases with Cooper Cobra in the rain...
DSC08874.jpg

This 'Cuda (383c.i.) was fresh restored, but the track was wet...
Autorevue Speedparty (1970 Dodge Dart Custom GT Onboard) - YouTube
In this video at the beginning you can see the start of the 'Cuda. The car has a sure grip and disc brakes, but had a lot of troubles to get the power on the road. Yeah, it's a BB and the weather condition were bad. The accident happend in the first corner...:sad7:

Within a few months there was a second accident in rain with a firebird.

Just my 2cents:
I personally think that they aren't the best tyres, especially in rain they are pretty bad... When you are not driving in the rain very often, they maybe are ok.

I used to have Falken. Great at cornering, but they weren't white letters. Now I have some uniroyal tigerpaw white letters mounted. They are pretty good - and my Dart hasn't a sure grip.

Greetings from Austria:)

I agree about the black. The white didn't really make sense to me, but it was already there...

This car won't be seeing any rain hopefully! I have friends that run Cooper Cobras and they've had good luck with them so far. Thanks for the concern though.

I agree about the black. The white didn't really make sense to me, but it was already there...

This car won't be seeing any rain hopefully! I have friends that run Cooper Cobras and they've had good luck with them so far. Thanks for the concern though.

Ok. So Cooper tyres are fine, when not driven in rain - and especially for burnouts they are perfect.:D

Radial T/As happened. 205/60s up front and 245/60s in the rear. Seriously these tires changed the attitude of this car, and I can't get over how good they look.

Attachments

• Dart 5 small.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Dart 8 small.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 186
  • Dart 9 small.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 170
Wow I forgot about this thread! What a trip going back and seeing what I did (and what I should've done). I'm still loving it!

021E5443-0D1D-4AB6-8B10-931B8D3641F3.jpeg

2AC54075-E864-4174-8877-7743E9CA886C.jpeg

-
Back