A teenagers "insert cool project name here"

-
Been working with my 17 year old to build out a 1969 Barracuda......you are doing a great job....would you come help us....we could use your talent and focus.....

How about lucky, as in lucky you haven't totaled it. That's a nice duster you have. If the motor, tranny and brakes are good, it might be time for an 8 3/4 rear end, yes I know there spendy, but there a lot stronger(my opinion) and easier to work on. Good luck on your car, Keep it between to ditches and the rubber side down.

A teenagers wrench duster
a teenagers tool duster
a teenagers way to old and gray ? LOL

Interesting to see a kid your age taking an interest in a nearly 40 year old Duster, and so far as to have bragging rights in HS. It's also kind of funny in a sense that us guys have an almost instinctual & evolutionary thought process when taking an interest in this hobby at a young age.

I mean I think we can all appreciate the phase in which you want to black out things like the grille and bezels...

Mostly spend time and resources on things that make the car go faster and accelerate harder...

Only to redo many of those things as time goes by and we get older. Then you start regaining an appreciation for the original look and a more complete experience by giving attention to areas other than just speed etc.

I think I did exactly all the same things you are doing when I was that age, and I bet I speak for quite a few in here.

Good luck.

@Herschel I am extremely lucky I haven't totaled it, and/or got a ticket. Does a warning for loud exhaust count? and Brakes and suspension are probably next.

@highimpact yes sir they did, I just had to use LA gaskets

@donny part of me prefers chrome but at the same time not crappy chrome so I am taking the easy way out.

"People, soylent green is people"

Nice car man, I'm 17 and about to put some sassy grass green on the duster me and my dad have been fixing up since I was in 5th grade. Hope it turns out looking as nice as yours.

How. About "color of envy" for a name. I wish my car looked as good as yours does. Wish mine ran too but that's a different topic all in itself. Keep up the good work. I am impressed. You gave a sweet car and a great goal. Stick too it and keep the racing at the track and you will be fine.

Looks like it's shapeing up for you. Keep up the good work.

We are up here about 4 hours away from you in Brevard building a Lemon Twist version. My son (16) and I have been working on ours for a while now and hope to have it on the road by Christmas. Haven't decided on the side stripes for it yet, but the one you have on yours is still in the running. We are adding a functional hood snorkle as well, and are working on fabricating a new dash for it at the moment.

Attachments

• 13.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 141
Im hoping to get a scoop eventually but they are kind of pricey for me. Mabye we could meet up somewhere when you finish them up.

Nice to see I'm not the only mopar guy that wears chucks all the time. :)

-
Back