AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! Ice cold Boulevard!

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just cracked an ice cold Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat. Tastes good! Just turned on Barrett Jackson and relaxing a bit. I was working on the Dart getting ready
to pull the engine. I got the garage somewhat cleaned and organized. I had to fix a jack stand (broken roll pin on the release handle). Dang, I had to drive the Dart one last time to the local hardware store to get the roll pin. LOL I had an old HP273 block on the engine stand with stuck pistons so I had to fire up the cherry picker to take that block off and get ready for the real thing. I got it jacked up on stands and got the driveshaft pulled. Oops. drain pan under
the trans tailshaft keeps the mess to a minimum. May be tomorrow I can inlist the help of the neighbor and I'll pull the hood and get a few more things drained and un-bolted. I planned on taking Monday off work and I should get it pulled and on the stand. I hope to take a lot of photos. I have been putting together a folder of parts I will need and where to get them. I talked to my machine shop last Wednesday and lined up a friend who does good head work. Trying to get my ducks in a row. Hopefully next spring I'll have a fresh HP273 to power my Dart. (no more mosquito fogging in the rear view mirror LOL) toolmanmike

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh the good life.Ain't it great when a plan comes together?Good luck over the winter on the build.8)

PS Dreno, Labatts blue ain't bad either! LOL

This is the time of the year to start projects on our cars isn't it? What kind of hp are you going for Toolmanmike? Jayson

boulevard is great beer! The local buffalo wild wings has them cheap on thrusdays along with cheap wings 2.50 for a 23oz mmmmmm8)

We go down to Rudys Taco's for a Mucho Nacho and a Boulevard with a slice of lemon................. Yum toolman

For me in Arizona cruisin season is just beginning.

Now if I wouldn't have broken that torsion bar adjuster screw, aaaaaaggggghhhhh!!!

Mike

Oops!!

car pics 66 Dart 016.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 017.jpg

It's all about the heads. How far are you going to go with them? Bigger valves? What kind of compression? are you going to have the crank peened or anything? You have 3.23 gears yes?

I saw Ice Cold, and thought of the weather here.
This morning it was 34f.

You want 300hp, cheat, use a 318 block. ;)

It's all about the heads. How far are you going to go with them? Bigger valves? What kind of compression? are you going to have the crank peened or anything? You have 3.23 gears yes?
I will keep the 10.5:1 compression. The extra power will be in the heads, larger valves,port matched, bowl blended, Isky E-4 cam and the rest is stock HP273.
I have tried 2 different desktop dyno programs and both came up with about 325 hp. and as much torque at 2000 rpm. With my 4-speed and 3:23's it should run much better than the old worn out mill runs now. toolman

-
Back