abodyjoe

Reaction score
what says you??

DSC_0742.JPG

DSC_0743.JPG

DSC_0744.JPG

DSC_0745.JPG

DSC_0746.JPG

Not really my cup of tea, but I do like all the filled seams, and the smoothed body panels.

God damn it. This car is worse than a Chinese freakin yo-yo. Just when you forget it, it comes right back...

Interesting that it has a Pennsylvania Inspection Sticker and License Plate, but would definitely be illegal in Pennsylvania.

Hey its just a super cool custom. Tons of work and craftsmanship. Very cool.

I would drive that before a real superbird. because a superbird is a beach whale and this is going to have the same comfy ride like an a-body and its a more manageable size .....at least for me. The reason I am getting out of B-bodies is because I am little and B-bodies are some wooly mammoth cars.

Wow. Who built it? Why would it be illegal in Pa.?

No headlights. If those are headlights (looks like parking lights/turn signals in the bottom of the nose), then they would be too low to the ground to be legal in PA.

The only exception to that is Antique Registered Vehicles (and they can't be driven at night anyway), which don't require Inspection and have their own unique "Antique Vehicle" License Plate. The car has an inspection sticker, and a regular plate.

[ame]http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/pub_45/tables.pdf[/ame]

Table 3, requirement on headlight height.

[ame]http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/pub_45/SubchapterE.pdf[/ame]

Subchapter E, Section 175.66, Lighting and Electrical Requirements.

He needs to redo those tail lights. The rest of it is pretty decent for what it is.

I like it. The nose and the spoiler blend well with the body style. The taillights and the rear bumper, on the other hand, need to go. Just doesn't fit with the rest of the car.

Pretty sweet!!!
A lot of work and planning went into it.
I do agree the tail lights look kind of off considering
how the rest of the car looks....... to me anyway.

Seems pretty well done, wish I was talented enough to pull that off on my Scamp.

I like it pretty well myself. However, I have to agree with those that don't like the rear. I would have tried to incorporate a '70 (b-body) tailpanel. Shouldn't be too hard to do in comparison to the rest of the work done.

I also think it would look better with a chrome rear bumper with the corners a bit more rounded.

And lastly, I'm not a fan of the 'supercuda' decals. Somehow the gray looks out of place. Something a bit more like the original style would fit the theme better.

All that said, it's way nicer than any of the old cars I ever owned and I'd drive it every time I could if I owned it.
Dallas

Here's a couple more from different manufactors. Both are built on the new Challenger chassis.

Attachments

• superbird-1-970x548-c.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 178
  • Daytona-3-970x548-c.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 186
-
Back