AC in the race car !??

-
No! Take him Seriously!!!
This absolutely works!!!
I meant about the 60hp, but if you got cold air to blow in the carb, you aint gonna miss it for that short of time, hell you could probably shut compressor off and blow residual cold off the evaporator for the run. kick it back on and blow it back in the car for the return.

It's just weight and drag. Install it. It should not be operating for the water dripping and because extreme rpms can hurt the compressor in some cases.
Our bodies are not meant to be cooler. If you let yourself acclimate to the heat then your body will get used to it and you won't feel as hot. Drink lots
of water and suck it up..lol

I do, and I don't go to the track and cry about the heat. I just feel it creates most of the discomfort I experience when I go to the track. I wouldn't enjoy snowmobiling so much if I got cold.

. Drink lots
of water and suck it up..lol

Did anybody look at that swamp cooler I posted on post post 17?

Yes, and I agree with rumble. Making one would be a colossal waste of time and effort. Buying the one Soren posted already complete would be less of a colossal waste of time since it's only $40, but the results are still going to be underwhelming. A swap cooler that small would be minimally effective at best. You would probably just succeed in raising the humidity inside your car enough to complete negate the feeling of any actual cooling that would occur.

A cool shirt would work better, but unless there's a knock off or cheaper version than this one you could spend as much as it would cost to add a proper A/C system onto your car. Motorsports Archives | COOLSHIRT SYSTEMS

matbe a cool suit like swap wears . try davis motors in reno . rich davis sr was working up some cool vests for racers . drag cars are not the only racers that get heat issues , but if your talking car needs . the new hi horse dodges have a/c that cools the blowers itake air under high demand . doing a salt racer and i'm going to try cooling the intake track off from the huffers 30 lbs boost off with a/c unit . there using a water box full of ice water pumped through a cooler placer under the blowers . not good enough although . i could go on the hours about that . back to your deal , try a cool vest . we put electric windows in the drag car , so we could stand the heat . window up/down just the push of that button , lol .

Any experience with anything like that? Or just an opinion?

Since '99. Certified in A/C class 1, 2 & 3. Work on rail cars, multi unit, multi ton, multi zone cars. Certified on 7 different rail cars spanning from the overhauled retro fitted steam & desil cars to the latest cars from American manufacturers.
The masters released digital self controlled thermostat to mechanical click one and offs.

Certified for bridges, tunnels, and huge buildings like the Empire State Building down to in window house units.

The first thing to understand is what a BTU unit is and how much it can cool. I'm not going this get into a lesson here. Please just take my word for it. Or loose money on it.

Best bet, hands down, is that cooling T shirt I mentioned earlier. The T shirt has tubes sewed into it that travels all over, front and back, neck collar to the bottom. Cool water circulates through the tubes. The reservoir can be ice chilled. The set up has a bucket (for lack of better adjectives) the head odd thenice and water. A small pump circulates the water around your body core. Once your core gets cool, it will act like the refrigerator for the rest of your body.

Basic thermodynamics and human physiology.

It isn't A/C but it is an effective way to stay cool.

First your right BTU's and all. And of course that little fan that blows on ice and blows out absolutely a joke, but the one with the radiator and the sump pump- that one's got me kind of curious...
Really only continuing down this Avenue for Conversation Sake.

Since '99. Certified in A/C class 1, 2 & 3. Work on rail cars, multi unit, multi ton, multi zone cars. Certified on 7 different rail cars spanning from the overhauled retro fitted steam & desil cars to the latest cars from American manufacturers.
The masters released digital self controlled thermostat to mechanical click one and offs.

Certified for bridges, tunnels, and huge buildings like the Empire State Building down to in window house units.

The first thing to understand is what a BTU unit is and how much it can cool. I'm not going this get into a lesson here. Please just take my word for it. Or loose money on it.

Best bet, hands down, is that cooling T shirt I mentioned earlier. The T shirt has tubes sewed into it that travels all over, front and back, neck collar to the bottom. Cool water circulates through the tubes. The reservoir can be ice chilled. The set up has a bucket (for lack of better adjectives) the head odd thenice and water. A small pump circulates the water around your body core. Once your core gets cool, it will act like the refrigerator for the rest of your body.

Basic thermodynamics and human physiology.

It isn't A/C but it is an effective way to stay cool.

You could move to Nome Alaska; it's cold there, get more snowmobiling in, maybe drag race snowmobiles there....OR put 6000 screws into your rear tires and drag race the Duster on ice like they do in Wisconsin..............

Honestly we used something similar to the cooler with the sump and fans in our old combines a long time ago. They put out a surprising amount of cool air. Not pertinent for racing but sometimes you can keep a couple beer cold in there too.

Cley

well its not just hot in the car . track temps can be unbearable , friend of mine left his a/c cooled trailer to open the door and have the days heat n sunny knock him over . had to pass on his runs . we raced when the fuel in the carbs was boiling , and track temps souring higher . since we are no names , we fill the program up until the pro stuff has the good temps .

old man at our track to a ice chest. cut lid and put a 12v fan and a piece of pcv pipe angled toward him. straped it to seat. ac with no water leaking on track

vintage-air-mark-iv-underdash-system-installed.jpg

Vintage Air Mark IV Installation - Rod & Custom Magazine

^^^^^^

Used to cool the intercooler even more!

-
Back