AC lines and components

-

Swinger 71

Reaction score
Hi all looking for clear pictures of the factory A/c setup on 68-72 dart
I’m reinstalling A/C on a factory 1972 dart swinger and making sure . I have everything for the interior. I am missing the cooling lines , condenser , and wiring harness I believe vacuum stuff too ? Any help I’d appreciate it

40A91429-2FAB-48F2-BB6E-2B2BB0380364.jpeg

22008FC5-A97B-48CB-A55E-ADC360163281.jpeg

You sure that is a 72? That looks like a 70-71 grill. Best looking grill in my opinion but as far as I know it was a 70-71. Sorry, no help on the factory AC.

Wow, if you are starting from scratch, you have a lot of stuff to acquire. I can get you pictures from under the hood, but for the inside, well, my car is back together. '72 Dart.
Some was just selling a whole set up on fabo with in the last 2 weeks?

20221122_184015.jpg

20221122_183930.jpg

20221122_183853.jpg

Last edited:
One thing you want to do is run over to MyMopar and download a free factory service manual, and maybe also the closest match to a parts manual. You may have to settle for Dodge/ vs Plymouth or vise versa

The pulley offsets are different on the '68 - '69 small blocks. My '69 340 had a single pulley to the compressor and compressor belt not run to alternator like the later models. I believe the AC lines are the same across the years though.

There are kits to upgrade to a modern compressor if you decide to go that route:

70-74 Dodge/Plymouth Small Block A/C Upgrade Kit STAGE-1

If it isn't catalyzed, I would be tempted to go after it with lacquer thinner and remove it. Scuff it and paint it yellow. Little visqueen and tape.

The engine matters. The transmission appears like for a small-block V-8, but no expert. Presumably, it was a factory AC car. If not, the firewall differs so a factory setup is not an option. Only use the RV-2 compressor beast if you want to stay original, otherwise a small Sanden compressor would be much smaller, lighter and less costly. Bouichillon and others sell brackets. Pulleys and belts add much fun complication. I think you can re-rubber your existing AC hoses. I have done that on other cars. I cut the ferrules off with a hacksaw and grinder (M-B used very thick ferrules). I have the Mastercool crimper, but you could also use Oeticker stepless ear clamps or even screw hose clamps. Only use "barrier" type hose.

-
Back