Acorns and walking

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
Acorns and squirrels have took my front yard ..i love the tree and few acorns and squirrels but it to many acorns what can I do with them..i take a pic tomorrow it's hard to walk on them so many ..

When life hands you lemons..................Make lemonade!!! Or Acornade...or squirrel stew????????

treblig

Last edited:
I have to listen to them dropping on my deck all night long. If you have too many acorns you need to get more squirrels.

I have to listen to them dropping on my deck all night long. If you have too many acorns you need to get more squirrels.
i don't think you want a bunch of squirrels running all over the place............................One big 500 lb squirrel should do the job!!!:rofl:

Treblig

Rake them up. Don't walk through your yard barefoot or at all. Cut the tree down. Mow over them and bag them then replace your blades in the spring. Pay a lawn service to eradicate the acorns. Or just let mother nature do her thing and they'll go away, eventually.

i don't think you want a bunch of squirrels running all over the place............................One big 500 lb squirrel should do the job!!!:rofl:

Treblig

The dog would really go nuts. Haha. Get it? Nuts.
The leaves are the real problem.

Acorns make great slingshot ammo and squirrels are perfect targets. Sounds like a lot of hours of entertainment to me!

:lol:

Had a big one hanging over my house,caused gutters to be constantly plugged with leaves and my roof started to rot.
I fixed it. Permanently. A couple more to go. The 500 lb squirrel likes to live under the oak by my driveway every fall eating acorns,nothin makes him go away. I drove right up to him and he could care less. Half hour of truck idling ten feet away and he finally left.
33E5A57D-7AAC-438D-A5A9-9FD383ED8F26.jpeg
He is one of the biggest squirrels i have ever seen.

Had a big one hanging over my house,caused gutters to be constantly plugged with leaves and my roof started to rot.
I fixed it. Permanently. A couple more to go. The 500 lb squirrel likes to live under the oak by my driveway every fall eating acorns,nothin makes him go away. I drove right up to him and he could care less. Half hour of truck idling ten feet away and he finally left. View attachment 1715111129He is one of the biggest squirrels i have ever seen.
That squirrel looks like he'd be food for the winter and a nice warm blanket for the bed.

I have a chestnut tree, huge PIA with the burrs and then the nuts.
Years ago my dad and son built a squirrel feeder for peanuts.
Me and the granddaughters still fill it up, last week I found around 3 peanuts still in the shells in the mine field of chestnuts.
I guess the critters like the chestnuts better than the peanuts.

Also I live in town, surrounded by traffic and concrete, but it never fails after the first frost I will go out one morning and there will be about a 1/2 dozen deer bedded down, and the nuts will be gone.
They are so bold that I have seen them walk up the alley around dusk.

Believe me....You don't want to make the big squirrels angry by taking there nuts away:::::::::

gvHM734.jpg

Treblig

I fixed it. Permanently. A couple more to go. The 500 lb squirrel likes to live under the oak by my driveway every fall eating acorns,nothin makes him go away. I drove right up to him and he could care less. Half hour of truck idling ten feet away and he finally left. View attachment 1715111129He is one of the biggest squirrels i have ever seen.
looks like a black bear to me !

The Game & Fish are saying this is the year of the acorns , tells me we will have a wet/snow/cold winter possibly, I have never seen so many acorns on the ground like this in 12 years , I have had 400 oaks in my yard for 12 years so Deer will have plenty and our tree pigs as well. makes for a good hunting season here in Arkansas.

149192_175487639133257_6890255_n.jpg

The bigger problem is that these squirrels will get in your vehicles, and wreak havoc. I'v been having them damage our cars . We get rid of the food source. Hope that does it.

Have you ever seen a truck that a squirrel got under the hood and had dinner out of the entire wiring harness!!???

Squirrel makes great stew.

Don't mess with this guys nuts, he's liable to take it personal!!!

squirrel-nuts-1-300x282.jpg

Treblig

I brought home an old old male squirrel like that once fo stew. Ma told me to never dress one with nuts that big! Tough!!

There's a 100 year old oak in the neighbors back yard and I have a scurry of squirrels. In the fall my yard looks like a meteor shower hit it. Like a dummy, I put out ears if corn. They are fat and healthy. If I ever run low on food..........
breakfast.jpg

-
Back