Ad density on FABO

-

flyfish

C8H18+N2O = :-D
Reaction score
I have not been on here in a while (life got busy)...and this Might be a silly question, but what is up with all the ads? I know they are a source of revenue, but seriously, I'm having a hard time scrolling through just to read a few posts. The ad density is incredible. I have not see a website with this many advertisements clogging up every pixle of the screen before....it very cumbersome to read a single post. With that being said, is there a way to see less ads?

Best Regards,

Dave

I have not been on here in a while (life got busy)...and this Might be a silly question, but what is up with all the ads? I know they are a source of revenue, but seriously, I'm having a hard time scrolling through just to read a few posts. The ad density is incredible. I have not see a website with this many advertisements clogging up every pixle of the screen before....it very cumbersome to read a single post. With that being said, is there a way to see less ads?

Best Regards,

Dave

Gold members see no ads.

Ah, gotcha. Just a suggestion (take it or leave it), if I were someone just passing through, maybe just looking, I would be VERY turned off by the sheer amount of ads thrown in my face. When I see websites like this I back out and never come back.....just saying, this might drive folks away....then there will be less people to click on the ads to make revenue.

If it was toned down a little, like not having an ad between every post, it would be tolerable.

Anyways, thank you for the explanation. :)

#1.

This will tone down the ads for you as follows:

Screenshot_20230123-044616_Gallery.jpg

Click on the little paddle lock on the left side of the FABO web address in your browser.

20230113_113453.jpg

Close out of your browser, then try again.

Last edited:

Best Regards,

Dave

#2. To tone down the ads:

20230113_113947.jpg

#3. To tone down the ads:

Close all tabs >

Click on square tab next to (left of) the 3 dots on the upper Right of your browser.

Then click on the "Next 3 Dots", then click on "Close All Tabs".

20230113_114408.jpg

20230113_114454.jpg

Next 3 Tabs > Close All Tabs

#4.
Enjoy the FABO web site.

☆☆☆☆☆

9E4A8E0F-2D26-4CEF-9024-333EA413B04E.png

1C178DED-77C0-459D-AD3D-2B4CAB378860.png

I get two adds between every post Joey. I’m mostly on an iPhone if that changes anything.

Same.
Two ads stacked between every two posts, plus the floating one covering things.
I frequently think I've reached the end of a thread and backout, only to find out later it wasn't the end.
My favorites are the ones that slow or stop my ability to scroll.. Have to go above then flick down and catch the next post..

Not complaining, just describing the behavior.

Same.
I frequently think I've reached the end of a thread and backout, only to find out later it wasn't the end.
My favorites are the ones that slow or stop my ability to scroll.. Have to go above then flick down and catch the next post..

Same experience entirely

19 ads on this page for me- PC with chrome.

That's NOT counting the sponsor ads to the right margin.

wait, just got number 20 at the bottom.

Who here has gotten the redirect full page that you have to click the back button to get around?

At least I'm not getting the fake full page "your anti-virus is out of date, click here to pay for an update" redirect anymore.

Same.

13 on this page for me, Android phone

19 ads on this page for me- PC with chrome.

That's NOT counting the sponsor ads to the right margin.

wait, just got number 20 at the bottom.

Who here has gotten the redirect full page that you have to click the back button to get around?

At least I'm not getting the fake full page "your anti-virus is out of date, click here to pay for an update" redirect anymore.

ok, I dont know if this is going to make a difference but, try clearing browser cookies and browser cache

My son suggested I log off, then try to get pages to load .
He's right, a casual non-member waits forever for a page to load.
I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a decline in "casual" visitors cuz of the barrage of ads, and time to load if you aren't logged in .
Also, a casual won't know to mess with "cookies" everytime they visit .
Us oldsters are like family, but new visitors, not so much.
Try it .
I still have issues with my keyboard not taking imput on my old, or new Android tablets .

Not sure what everyone is using for Browsers?

But Microsoft Edge especially and also Google Chrome both have issues with too many ads showing up.

I know the browser I use works well for me.

20230211_122728.jpg

Just did a test:

Went to sign in using firefox browser.

No ads before I signed in.

Screenshot_20230211-123524_Firefox.jpg

Next went to sign in using Google Chrome.

The ads are showing up before I even sign in.

Screenshot_20230211-123604_Chrome.jpg

_________

It's the browser selection that people are choosing that is causing all the problems.

☆☆☆☆☆

and also Google Chrome both have issues with too many ads showing up.

I'm using chrome on desktop with no problems -- safari on ipad and iphone also. It isn't the browser itself. I'm not sure what it is yet.. Personally, I think firefox sucks

The ads are showing up before I even sign in.

they are suppose to be there before you sign in. Being gold, what happens once you sign in?

I mean no disrespect when saying this, as I consider myself a mid grade hot rodder. I went gold maybe two hours of looking at site. I am surprised at the number of veteran members on here that aren't gold. I understand if you are a member of multiple sites, but if you are an Abody owner and I see you on here all the f'n time......why wouldn't you be gold? I have sponsored a few just because I believe they really add to the sites vibe and their membership expired or i was feeling the christmas love or whatever. Like I said, no harm meant....just not sure why anyone would put up with the ads and not just support their own habit.

-
Back