Adams 71 Dart

-
I just got updated on your 71 Dart and look's like you have gotten allot dun!
I think that if it was me:-D, I would paint the scoops along with the car to the side as the car is getting painted, then you could change it after you get a good look at it.8)
Congratulations Adam,
You have things going your way and looking good.:cheers:

Scott ! Glad to see you around again. Hope all is well.

Cnt wait to see color so I can get some of these parts off of the ground. Then I have room to work on the 360.

Picked up a few parts today. 2 Rallyes for the front and a 71 TQ intake. man is that intake heavy, LOL

Thanks again to 340Tom for the rims and tires and transporting the boat ancher intake from PA for me and to MoparGod for the good deal on that chuck of cast iron.

Adam,
Did you ever get this car painted? I remember you saying you were going to squirt it in a buddy's paint booth back around March or so.
Any updated pix you can show? I'd like to see it.
I have the 4 SBP rally's off my Dart with new white letter tires on them if you need any more. Trim rings and peanut center caps as well. Great driver condition parts.

George

I like the green color you are going with. Looks very low profile, yet it still gets attention. I would have to go with a black top as well!

George, still not painted. He promises it will be in his shop in a week or two.

All I need to the rims are 2 big bolt pattern centers and a set of trim rings.

George, still not painted. He promises it will be in his shop in a week or two.

All I need to the rims are 2 big bolt pattern centers and a set of trim rings.

Body shops are like the contractors in "The Money Pit", every thing is 2 weeks. Lol!

Yup, its been 2 weeks since February. But we traded work and I just finished my job at his house so now its time for him to pay his bill. LOL

He might have the cuavos, but his buddy got his job finished lol.. just kiddin' Adam.. waitin for the paint

Grant

Has it been 2 weeks yet ? I saw a few Chevelles role out of my friends shop. Im still waiting my turn. I put my Rallyes on it thinking that if I mounted up the nice tires I would have to take them right back of to bring it to his shop. No luck.

016.jpg

That makes two of us. I cant take the credit for the body though, Moper did the sheet metal work. I just blocked it out. It needs a few more coats of primer/surfacer and some more blocking but its solid and pretty straight.

I'll have to scan the photos Dave took when he did the quarter.

"Man! I did not realize how much I miss havin' a 4 speed Dart in the herd! I guess I am gonna havta find another '70-'71 so I can build 1 last 4 speed car! Here are 3 pics of my 4 speed '72 that I sold Spring 2006 (I owned her for 15 years).

2006-08-25 72 Dart Swinger.jpg

2006-08-29 72 Dart Swinger (12).jpg

2006-10-26 72 Dart Swinger-01.jpg

Later,
Bruce B.

2006-08-25 72 Dart Swinger.jpg

2006-08-29 72 Dart Swinger (12).jpg

2006-10-26 72 Dart Swinger-01.jpg

So seeing its been about a year since I made arrangements to have my car painted and 6 months since Ive started working at that very shop Ive started bring the car over piece by piece, LOL

Last week I brought in the rear valance which like every 70-72 Dart rear valance looked like it was thrown off of a cliff. This week Im going to grab the front valance panel which doesnt look much better. I think once I bring a pair of fenders in my boss will take the hint.

Persistence is the key, keep at it, and sooner or later he should get the drift. Good luck, let us know.

Yes itssss always nice to get a new member in the family.Good luck, O Blue ext and white int would be a killer look.

Persistence is the key, keep at it, and sooner or later he should get the drift. Good luck, let us know.

He knows we have to do it soon. Were just trying to finish up a few cars in the shop but I wont stop busting his balls because he seems to have no problem making time for his Nova. Ive know my boss for 12 years. Hes slow like most body shop woners but he'll get it done.

Yes itssss always nice to get a new member in the family.Good luck, O Blue ext and white int would be a killer look.

Its an original FE5 red with black interior and black top so thats how Im most likely going to re do it.

Thats gonna look freakin awesome.
Best color for a Dart is red if ya ask me.
When is the headliner party?? :D

George

I have a thing for red cars personally and the fact that it was red originally makes it hard to consider other colors.

Hopefully early spring I will have it painted and well get together for a few cold ones and burgers at my place for the headliner party, LOL

The car is at my shop ! I fixed a bunch of little things and the big hole in the roof which is still kinda rough. I put down 3 coat of primer yester and fitted the rear valance which needs some tweeking.

-
Back