Adam's Scamp

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
I got out of work nice and early today so I went to clean up the Scamp a little bit.

IM000505.jpg

IM000508.jpg

The only rust on the car, Just surface. I should fix it soon though.

IM000517.jpg

This explains why the car is so clean for 36 years old.

IM000513.jpg

The window regulator needs to be fixed. Im hoping the missing bolts are the problem but most likely some one took them out to remove the window and never finished.

IM000515.jpg

Anyone know what this second pipe is ? Some type of vent ?

IM000518.jpg

Im going to start cleaning up the engine compartment more. I need a new mater cylinder, so I'll remove that and the wiring to make it easier to clean. I'm also going to switch to manual sterring so the power box can come out. Im not doing any of this till I have the parts though.

Then Its off to the interior, new carpet, front seat cover and a 8 point roll bar, a few odds and ends is all it needs.

The only thing Im doing to the outside of the car is either replace the hood with a fiberglass bolt on 6 pack hood or buy a 3" tall Hemi scoop for the hood thats on the car. Id rather not cut the hood though even though its not original.

IM000505.jpg

IM000508.jpg

IM000517.jpg

IM000513.jpg

IM000515.jpg

IM000518.jpg

damn... no rust.... i dont know what thats like....

very nice adam. still cant get over how solid the car is. :headbang: If it were me Id put the 6 pack hood on, that would look tough. About the tube, must be some kind of vent. Mine didnt have one unless someone took it off before I got the the car. again just wanted to say nice car.

Brett, I think the 6bbl hood is what Im going to use. The tube is only on California Emiision cars I was told. Still dont know what its purpose is and when I change the tank it will probably come out.

DJVCUDA said:
damn... no rust.... i dont know what thats like....

Im getting use to it real fast, LOL

I found some inspection marks todat too wich is cool. I never had a car that wasnt mess with, usually all that stuff is long gone when I get it.

it really has bottoms of quarters???

lol... good for you dude, it was worth the trade for that alone....

Its also got this strange panel that connects the trunk floor to the bottom of the quarter that usually isnt there.

DSCF0017__8_.jpg

DSCF0017__8_.jpg

wow.. is that a drain plug??? what the hell is that for? LOL!

I think thats the hole you use to fill it with foam when making new quarters. This car Is loaded with under coating. Must weigh a ton.

The only rust on the car, Just surface. I should fix it soon though.

I hate you!!!!:cussing:
That vent pipe is for the gas tank ,there is 4 or 5 rubber lines that come out of it to the tank.

Sorry Kev, I got lucky on this one.

As for the vent lines they will go when I change the tank.

AdamR said:
Sorry Kev, I got lucky on this one.

As for the vent lines they will go when I change the tank.

My 71 Duster has it, haven't decided if i'm gonna use it or not.

My tank is half full of gas that id who knows how old so I need a tank anyways.

Looking good. Can't wait to see the newest Rampant Scamp report

mikesduster said:
hey adam,

i might be selling my 6-pack hood so if your interested,you know how to get in touch with me!! :headbang:

Mike, I wanted to go with a bolt on but let me know if you decide to sell it. I'll do a pin on for a good price.

I ound my missing dome light and steering wheels center cap today under the back seat. Then I noticed that the front seat belts are all missing and one of the sun visors is broken. I guess I broke even on that deal.

I also found the build sheet under the front seat. At least I think its the build sheat, I havent taken the seat out but theres some paper under it.

I bet that is some kind of stand pipe like plumbers use, one that lets the fuel vapors expand some when the tank heats up. That way the fuel cap can be a non-vented one and the charcoal vapor canister can do it's job of recovering vented fuel, ie, california stuff. I just checked in all my pictures of my 68 barracuda and found I don't have a truck picture yet, so I don't know if my cali car has one or not. I don't remember seeing one.

-
Back