Adam's Scamp

-
Adam I have a old manual box I got out of the junk yard. It leaks but I guess you could put a seal in it or do you have to send them off for that

Brett, Im not sure. I'll have to check the service manual. Its probably not that hard though.

Firmfeel sells rebuild kits, $50 for the seal $100 for seals and bearings.

Ok, so I'm not going to sell the Scamp and buy a Mustang. I think I was getting a little aggravated with not getting any time to at least tinker with the car. Once its in the new garage I'll feel better.

I do think I'm going to make some changes to the 340. A smaller cam and intake and it should be plenty streetable with my converter and some 3.91s. Im not looking for the fastest thing, Just a nice mid to low 12 second streeter. Im thinking a Comp Cams XS282 and a Performer RPM intake will work well.

Id also like to that 416 Scamp and BJS for the parts they hooked me up with.

AdamR said:
Ok, so I'm not going to sell the Scamp and buy a Mustang. I think I was getting a little aggravated with not getting any time to at least tinker with the car. Once its in the new garage I'll feel better.

I do think I'm going to make some changes to the 340. A smaller cam and intake and it should be plenty streetable with my converter and some 3.91s. Im not looking for the fastest thing, Just a nice mid to low 12 second streeter. Im thinking a Comp Cams XS282 and a Performer RPM intake will work well.

Id also like to that 416 Scamp and BJR for the parts they hooked me up with.

i understand your sleeper thinking, but i also think that that tall singleplane and big cam actualy may help you alitle hooking it up since you dont have the space for big tires unless you make more room for it, cant remember what converter you have but with less stall than optimal for a dragcar and higher rear gears you may be able to hook up the power easier, but i am biased since i realy like big cams and real hot streetengines ;)

I wouldnt say Im switching to a small cam, just smaller. Right now its 260/265 @.050" the XS282 is 248/252 @.050" so its still a good size cam and should work better with my 4200rpm converter and 391 or 410 gears.

Your welcome Adam. :thumbup: Glad to here you are keeping the scamp. I bet once you and the family get settled in around the house, you will be tearing into the scamp.

AdamR said:

Adam, my boy, now you're talking!! :thumbup: We all get the garage car blues at times, and it's hard to get yourself back in the groove because you begin to think you'll never get this baby on the street again. Hang in there with the Scamp! :blob:

I'm using a larger cam (277 and 280 @.050) with a T/A 4200, 30" tall tire and 4.88's. If it were me I'd put it together first and get it running. See how it works and then tinker with it from there.

Glad you are keepin the dart too,It sure is a nice car!! :salute:
I am lookin forword to watching it get bilt to your spec's :coffee2:

I love the sleeper look, as well. So does my son, here is a pic of his Dart, it has the springs moved inboard and wheelwells enlarged so it has 10" rims in the back. It also has a Hemi scoop on the hood. Ran a traction limited 12.90 at 112mph in street trim.
dart_small.jpg

Just a little inspiration for you.

Dustpan tell your son he got a hell of a nice Dart!:thumbup:
Gotta love steelies and dog-dishes!:)

Finally had a chance to move the car to the new house today ! Should have a good amount of parts coming soon also, TTI headers, new gas tank and sending unit coming from Mancini's and the Motor mounts, Mini starter and Flaming River steering column adapter coming from Summit. This thing may see the road this year. :thumbup:

I decided to pull the grill out to repaint it, good thing because the head lights were ready to fall out. No screws in them and the harness wast hooked up. Weird. I also removed the wiring harness and pretty much anything that unbolts from the engine compartment. May as well repaint it now. The radiator support had been replaced and is blue other wise I would just buff it out. Painting the engine bay is were I quickly went down hill with the Barracuda. I wont get in to that mess again.

She will shine up nicely under there
the grill looked good to ,let us see a before and after pic.
Injoy AdamR. :salute:

The grill is in good shape, just faded like everything else is from the Cali sun beating on it for years.

I did notice the car has a new pair of Monroe shocks on it. Thats good seeing I was going to buy the same ones for it.

IM000732.jpg

Also did some masking. Luckily the paint is in pretty good shape so its pretty much a scuff and shoot deal. Hope the New paint matched the old though.

IM000734.jpg

IM000733.jpg

IM000732.jpg

IM000734.jpg

IM000733.jpg

looks good man love the sticker mines in the same place,i just got a set of stock rums an cop car dog dishes im gonna put on for a little bit of a sleeper look!

Getting thing's dun!!!! Wow AdamR looking good :thumbup:
I sure miss A project to work on.
I guess It's that time of year
where You want to do something
But what!!!!

Me house work :wack:

More pictures. Stopped and bought some primer on the way to work. Mixed it up and primed it after I got home. Its nice not to have to deal with rust. Just scuff and shoot. I probably could have painted over the old paint without primer but better safe then sorry.

IM000736.jpg

IM000737.jpg

IM000735.jpg

IM000736.jpg

IM000737.jpg

IM000735.jpg

-
Back