Adam's Scamp

-
Its ALIVE!!!! and its evil sounding. I need to pull the carb off and send it back to DemonSizzler for some more tweeking. My fault not his. I also broke the tab off of one valve cover that holds spark plug wires on it. Now I have a hole in one so I'll need to tack that back on.

I was also think of picking up some centerline auto drags and having them power coated black. They would look like steel wheels and be light.

Got some more done today. Front seat belts are in. Ive had them for ever just never got around to installing them. I used my soldering iron to melt the holes in the carpet for the bolts. It worked raelly well.

picked up a driveshaft for the 7.25 for now. Put in some fresh u Joints and installed that but I need to find a second strap and a few bolts. Also drained the fluid from the 7.25 which turned out to be mostly water because of the missing filler cap. Filled it with fresh gear oil amd of coarse spilled some on the floor. Smells great.

Trans linkage is all hooked up. Its tight up there with the headers and cooler lines but I managed to squeeze my hands in there. Should be interesting trying to shift a reverse patern valve body on the column.

Tried to hook the pitman arm up to the center link but once the nut got some what tight the otman arms spins. Now I cant get the nut tight or off. I'll mess with that later.

I also hung the exhaust using a 3" kit that I had on the Barracuda. Amazingly enough it fit. Not great but its on there and I dont need to buy another. It sound really good with the 3" Delt flow 2 chambers and 3" tail pipes.

Now all that is left before I can drive it is redo the brakes ( 9" drums for now) a pair of rear tires, Havent decided what kind or size yet Pick up a oil pressure and water temp gauge and send the carb back to Demon Sizzler for a little more tweeking.

Its going to be a real pig with the 2.xx gears that are in it but at least it looks like it will be driveable in a month or so. Thats under a year to put the car together. Not bad.

I kept the 340 in it. Never heard back from the guy that wanted to trade.

LOL, I know. I have to be nice to it till I get a 8-3/4 with some gears. Probably 4.30s

Sounds like a big day AdamR!! I sure would like to here that motor.
Hope the pitman arm loosens up or tighten's up for you, it seem like I have had that happen to me before,

As for the pitman arm you'll need to get the stud pushed into the hole. The taper will hold it and if you hit it with an impact then it should tighten up.

You'll need to take the pitman arm off the box. Maybe the idler arm too and get the whole drag link out. Then you can work on it.

Hi there, I just joined here, and I thought I was the only one with a low mileage low rust Scamp, but apparently not! hahaha I have a 1972 scamp, which I purchased back in 2004 with about 19,000 miles on it. Here's a few pictures from when I bought it:
0scamp2.jpg

scampside.jpg

Engine2.jpg

moparshow.jpg

and now, I've strapped on some Rallye Wheels (horrible to find in small bolt pattern) and I have a 4bbl+intake I'm putting on the /6, and I plan on putting a cam/rad/headers/exhaust when I do the carb and intake.
September001.jpg

I will put up pictures soon of the interior, odometer, and houndstooth interior. Which, I might add, is absolutely mint!

AdamЯ;96502 said:
Its also got this strange panel that connects the trunk floor to the bottom of the quarter that usually isnt there.

DSCF0017__8_.jpg

my car has the same plug on the LR lower qrt panel.. wats it for?

No, This car is long gone. Out of all my cars this is the one I regret selling most.

Danf Adam thats one cleam Mopar! Lol those trunk floor extensions are pretty rare,you could probably auction them off and retire...

-
Back