Addco sway bars

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
What's the word on thier products?

Reason I'm asking is thier 3/4" rear sway bar is the cheapest by far. I compared with quite a few other supplier's who's product's ran all the way up to $370. In each case I looked at the exact same sway bar. A solid 3/4 " /a body rear sway bar.

I only need a little bar to match the factory stock front sway bar. No G machines here,just hate excessive body roll when hiway cruising here in the swurvy curvy mountains.

Heres the one I want to buy.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ACO-919/

If I were to do it over, I would skip the low ball Addco, and purchase a better engineered bar; perhaps from one of the forum’s sponsors.

I have front and rear addco bars on my duster and am very happy with them. Big improvment over stock. Can't go wrong for the money.

That rear bar is fine. Problem has always been the same with Addco, directions written in 1955 that look like carbon copies that got left in the rain, cheesy hardware and miserable packaging. The bar itself is fine though!

That rear bar is fine. Problem has always been the same with Addco, directions written in 1955 that look like carbon copies that got left in the rain, cheesy hardware and miserable packaging. The bar itself is fine though!

That's great to know! I can deal with all the hardware being crap,easy enough to replace it locally. Who needs instruction's anyways...

They're better than no sway bar at all but there are much better setups out there.

Exactly right!! Bought one last fall and pretty much looked at the hardware box and sent up a 3 point shot to the trash can! bought new hardware at local hardware stores. Bar works great.

works well, just the rear bars mounting to the rear end housing sucks. You could weld up some perches or I actually used 3" exhaust clamps for mounting brackets. everything else works fine. I run addco bars on both my cars and would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

I bought a rear Addco bar from Summit. The bar was designed for an 8-3/4" rearend but I have a 7-1/4" which is stock with the 6 banger. Anyhow the hardware didn't fit properly and nowhere on Summits site did it specify which rearend when ordering. Of course by then I had everything ripped open, parts scratched etc. so I couldn't send it back. I had to modify everything to get it to work. On the bright side, I have the same bar on my other car with the bigger rearend and it works great.

-
Back