Adjust valves

-
Did it the same way, but had a valve cover with the top cut out. Don't tell anyone, I started out with small block Chevy's. 63 Nova SS with a 327 and 4 speed.

I like 327's and 283's. Newer stuff, not so much. Rebuilt too many low mileage 350's and 400's.

I want to Thank everybody that help me on trying to adjust the valves on my car,But i still wasn't sure how to do it so i got my son-in-laws uncle to come and show me yesterday and when he got to showing me it never took over an hr. to do it.So now i can sit my motor in and start putting everything back on it so i can start it and see how it sounds.Thanks Again.

I want to Thank everybody that help me on trying to adjust the valves on my car,But i still wasn't sure how to do it so i got my son-in-laws uncle to come and show me yesterday and when he got to showing me it never took over an hr. to do it.So now i can sit my motor in and start putting everything back on it so i can start it and see how it sounds.Thanks Again.
Witch method did he teach you? Do you have the conference to re check them?
i.e. did he show you on a couple and then let you do a few to get a feel for it?

Witch method did he teach you? Do you have the conference to re check them?
i.e. did he show you on a couple and then let you do a few to get a feel for it?
He used the EOIC method and adjusted one and just went down one side and then the other took him about 30 mins. or so and now i now how to do it and he told me to re check them after i got it running,But he done a few and then let me it was easier than i thought again i want to thank everybody for their help.......

I know when I put my drill on that high volume oil pump as soon as it starts coming out I have to stop or it fills the head and starts to overflow. I couldn't imagine what it would do when it was running...
At idle, a wee bit of oil splashes on the exhaust manifolds, but I didn't know there was any other way to adjust them!

FWIW, that's also the way I adjusted the valve lash on my Triumph TR6s, inline 6, solid lifters.

-
Back