Adjustable Mirror HELP

-

jseej1

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to secure the driver side adjustable mirror control to the door. I have the bezel but there is something missing to hold the back side to keep the control from protuding through the hole.

I have a 72 Duster. Any pictures that you can send or parts for sale would be most appreciated.

can you get a picture of the mirror you have?

Mine doesn't have a backing but a notch seen on outside of threads. It fits against the upper door frame from the inside then a special bolt secures it to the door.

If I'm not mistaken, your upper door panel is plastic and requires a metal plate behind it that creates the correct hole shape for the control wand assembly

not 100% sure but the holes I see would be covered by the "DUSTER" door emblem. I don't see a hole for the left remote mirror. Not in that picture..

here are some other pic's I found which confirm you currently don't have the hole.

Attachments

• duster3499375_01.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 121
  • duster3499375_02.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 118
  • $(KGrHqZ,!jYE9Hsu1,QqBP,zve2-M!~~60_12.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 84
My door may not be a 72 Duster door. The majority of my holes are different than yours...there lies the problem. The mirror that I am trying to use has a long cable vs the shorter cable that attaches near the DUSTER emblem

Long cable is correct for doors that dont have a vent window.
There isn't a difference in the controlers except the shape of the wand/stem.

I may have to fabricate something to make it work
Actually no you wouldn't unless you just want to. Where that cable is mounted in plastic there is a thin tempered steel piece that goes behind it.
If you found a right remote mirror in something along the lines of 87 Fifth Ave.. thats controller was mounted in dash plastic near the ash tray, thus the piece you need is in there.
When I put a right remote mirror in my 67, I mounted that controller in a second ignition switch bezel. Since that bezel has a larger hole I used the piece from a Gran Fury behind it.
Just trying to help.

-
Back