Adjustable upper control arm

-

cmac64dart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have an spc upper control arm with a disk brake conversion kit. Thing is... no matter how I adjust it doesn't want to mate up to the spindle properly. Is it something I have installed wrong or just the wrong uca which will suck because they weren't cheap and bought years ago. I do have a set of large ball joint uppers I can switch into. I thought these would assist with a good alignment for radial tires. Thanks

20221203_095905.jpg

20221203_095931.jpg

20221203_095818.jpg

No experience with those control arms but the first thing that came to mind was do you have them mounted backwards?
The left side arm mounted on the right side and the right on the left?

I have attempted to change them although they are labeled left and right. I also raised them to almost ride height and while it got better it didn't seem like it would make the ball joint seat properly. I am going to put some stock big ball joint control arms on. I've been playing with these suckers enough.

Whats the part # on those arms? SPC has a bunch of FAQ's listed by part #. Did you contact them? What year is your car? The A body application looks different than your pics.

97300.jpg
97300 - Adjustable Upper Control Arms (pair)

These are the current spc version. Looks like they are the same. I have a 64 dart with the large bolt pattern/ball joint disk brake conversion.

Screenshot_20221204-083621_eBay.jpg

If you notice from the first picture the adjustable arm with the 2 pivots are opposite from mine

I'm pretty sure the reason you run those arms is to move the upper ball joint back.if you can adjust them to make that happen you may be alright.

Ok so I have an spc upper control arm with a disk brake conversion kit. Thing is... no matter how I adjust it doesn't want to mate up to the spindle properly. Is it something I have installed wrong or just the wrong uca which will suck because they weren't cheap and bought years ago. I do have a set of large ball joint uppers I can switch into. I thought these would assist with a good alignment for radial tires. Thanks

View attachment 1716017847

View attachment 1716017848

View attachment 1716017849

You have a ton of threads exposed on the adjusters on those arms. This is how my Gen I SPC’s look on my Duster with the alignment set. I do run a taller upper bumpstop because my car is lowered and I run 1.12” torsion bars. But you can see I’ve got less than a 1/2” of exposed threads on the adjusters
D4A3E443-4657-4DEA-8909-A233AE4AE0D5.jpeg

27E024AA-6FC6-4C84-B4C6-8F3BE6C4CCC4.jpeg

Whats the part # on those arms? SPC has a bunch of FAQ's listed by part #. Did you contact them? What year is your car? The A body application looks different than your pics.

View attachment 1716018232
97300 - Adjustable Upper Control Arms (pair)
You have the GenII SPC’s linked there. The OP has the Gen I’s.

Thanks for the pictures. It gives me a starting point. Mine looks alot like that when at ride height. How have you liked them on your car?

Thanks for the pictures. It gives me a starting point. Mine looks alot like that when at ride height. How have you liked them on your car?

I really like them, I’ve had them on my car for about 5 1/2 years now and probably around 20k miles or so. Haven’t had any issues with them, they make setting the alignment with my lowered ride height and 275’s up front a piece of cake. I run -1° camber, +6.5° caster with them. They’re totally not necessary for a lot of cars, but with 275’s up front that caster makes a huge difference and a lot of non-adjustable tubular arms don’t have enough adjustment to get that much caster.

I should also add that I have FMJ spindles on my car as well, they are a little bit taller than the standard 73+ A body spindles.

-
Back