Adoption

-

66aCUDA

/6 Racer
Reaction score
Well Friends
Cinda and I have finally done it. As some of you may know we are adopting a group of 3 girls from California. We are now the proud parents of a 7,4 and 3 year old. We expect to have them here in 60 days or less. This is going to really put a stress and burden on us financially/ physically as our house has to be finished before we can bring them home. :clock:
As some of you know I am disabled so this will get interesting.
We will travel to LA at least 2 times and then they will bring them here the final time.
Keep us in your prayers. Ill try and still get on the forum from time to time but it may be spotty.
Thanks
Frank
PS if you have a deal pending with me PLEASE jog my memory.
PPS If anyone wants to help we would really appricate it.:notworth:

Best of luck there my friend. I have two adopted (not biologically related) and they have been a real blessing. You are a lucky man!!

DUDE! I had to sell my 67 SG barracuda to pay for my Daughters wedding! I hope you have three cars like this to sell. But it was worth every last penny. Girls are a true blessing, and you are a true hero. Now if I can convince my daughter to give me a grandchild!!!!

Thanks Guys
Yea they have had a rough start. We had the empty nest syndrome. 2 boys of our own and 1 grandson.
Frank

Hay Frank!!:cheers: You have been very busy getting your place ready for your new family, congratulations my friend:-D
I have never had any girls , Just two boys.
When things get settled down I must come over and finely meet your new family. I will be close by if you need a extra hand bud, Just call.
Wow this is going to be a big change for you, So let me know how things are going and if I can help. Even if its just a good day around the house.
You take care and have a safe trip.
Your Arkansas neighbor Mike.

Thanks Mike
Ill be taking you up on the help offer when I get my ducks in a row.
The youngest has Spina Bifida so its going to be a challenge.
Frank

I truely feel that all the blessings recieved in this house are the wifes. I'm not worthy but I may be one of her blessings and I'm thankful to be part of her life.
So why did I say that you ask... To believe the lord is blessing and taking care of those children can ease you worry about financial burdens, etc.. , today and tomarrow.
Like the saying "It's better to give that to recieve", I beleive it's better to be a blessing than recieve a blessing.
We'll be looking forward to updates and pictures.

Thanks Mike
Ill be taking you up on the help offer when I get my ducks in a row.
The youngest has Spina Bifida so its going to be a challenge.
Frank

Wow! You have truly taken on some serious responsibility. For those who don't know what Spina Bifida is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spina_bifida

Those that adopt dogs are blessed. Those that adopt children are quadruple blessed!! :cheers: I wish you all the best in the coming years.

Frank,
That is soem exciting news! I hope everything goes smooth.

After things settle down I would like to talk to you...we are looking at adopting too and could really use your perspective!

Joel

Frank...
They are young enuff to fill their heads with Mopar lore. Teach them how to work on your stuff!!!!
And congrats and best wishes on the huge undertaking and all the joys that go with it.

You be de man!

How is Frank holding up :cheers:
Your are the real man for sure.
God bless you and your home and may you have a great life with your new family, I will make it over some day I Promise!
Or just call and I will get there.:clock:

:cheers:Good for you and Cinda, Frank. Your country values and work ethic will serve these young ladies well. The way station in Fort Worth is standing by, should you need it, on the jaunts to California and back. While the old bod may struggle to keep up, the spirit will feel twenty years younger.

By the way, I'll be out to visit in about ten years, as date night should prove to be highly entertaining.:-D

That's awesome Frank.

You are truly doing God's work taking care of those little ones and the blessings will pour in through the good times and the rough times.

I know the feeling, my Wife and I took foster parenting classes several years ago, and as soon as we graduated the classes, the state gave us four biological sisters to foster, and we already had two biological daughters.

The oldest girl was 11 years old at the time they arrived and now she is 19 and on her own.

The four girls had a rough, rough childhood with a disgusting pig of a mother that actually pimped out those little girls to get drug money so you can only imagine some of the emotional problems we had to deal with and are still dealing with.

I'll tell ya, it was not easy and we continued fostering about thirty other kids that came through our home from time to time, but we finally adopted three out of four of the sisters nine years ago and decided to stop fostering and concentrate on the girls we had.

The state decided to let a therapeutic foster home take the youngest sister since her emotions were out of control and they decided it was best to separate her from her sisters since she was so violent towards others.

Apparently she is doing fine with her family, but she still has issues they are dealing with.
I wish we could have kept her with her sisters but like I said, she was out of control and not fair to the rest of the kids.

The state sends a monthly check to help, but it covers enough for food, and the healthcare for the girls is covered as well so all we have to do is try to give the kids a better life than the one they had, and brother, it's not easy by any means.

Our oldest is now 19 and on her own and we got her out the door with $10-k in savings, a good job, and a college scholarship and we've done a great job doing our part, but unfortunately, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
She's got an azzhole for a boyfriend and she blew all her money in a matter of two months, and she's ready to start school full time and her jerk boyfriend is dragging her down and there is not much I can do about it but let the other girls watch and learn.

The only incident I had with the girls birth family is when their big, fat white trash asses showed up at the oldests graduation ceremony and surrounded her afterwards and were taking pictures of her with their cell phones.

She was devastetd and I got in the middle of them and told them they all better back off or I'm gonna start dropping them one by one starting with the new boyfriend.
They got the message and backed off, and I told them not to show up at any more of these graduations because my version of justice for child abusers is much different than that of the law enforcement version.

Man, you would not believe some of the stuff I saw with how some of these poor kids were abused.
Every single case involved drug use from the so called parents, and some kids had birth defects and motor skill problems, brain disorders, and every single girl that came into out home had been sexually abused by a relative or an associate of the birth family.

I think the adoption route is easier than the fostering route because when you foster, you fall in love with these kids and they go to visit their so called Mothers that are supposed to be following a court ordered case plan and they make all these false promises to the kids during visitations, then the kids are emotional basket cases when the promises never happen.
This goes on and on like a roller coaster and really screws with the kids minds, then the foster family has to deal with the emotional issues.
The hardest thing is letting them go back into that environment when the court says it's okay, again.

I was happy when the scum bag mother finally gave up parental rights when she knew she would be spending five years in prison for drug related crimes.

It has not been an easy road by any means, but knowing the girls actually have a good chance of succeeding in this life makes it worth giving it a shot.

Sorry for the rant Frank, but feel free to let me know if I can help in any way.

That's awesome Frank.

You are truly doing God's work taking care of those little ones and the blessings will pour in through the good times and the rough times.

I know the feeling, my Wife and I took foster parenting classes several years ago, and as soon as we graduated the classes, the state gave us four biological sisters to foster, and we already had two biological daughters.

The oldest girl was 11 years old at the time they arrived and now she is 19 and on her own.

The four girls had a rough, rough childhood with a disgusting pig of a mother that actually pimped out those little girls to get drug money so you can only imagine some of the emotional problems we had to deal with and are still dealing with.

I'll tell ya, it was not easy and we continued fostering about thirty other kids that came through our home from time to time, but we finally adopted three out of four of the sisters nine years ago and decided to stop fostering and concentrate on the girls we had.

The state decided to let a therapeutic foster home take the youngest sister since her emotions were out of control and they decided it was best to separate her from her sisters since she was so violent towards others.

Apparently she is doing fine with her family, but she still has issues they are dealing with.
I wish we could have kept her with her sisters but like I said, she was out of control and not fair to the rest of the kids.

The state sends a monthly check to help, but it covers enough for food, and the healthcare for the girls is covered as well so all we have to do is try to give the kids a better life than the one they had, and brother, it's not easy by any means.

Our oldest is now 19 and on her own and we got her out the door with $10-k in savings, a good job, and a college scholarship and we've done a great job doing our part, but unfortunately, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
She's got an azzhole for a boyfriend and she blew all her money in a matter of two months, and she's ready to start school full time and her jerk boyfriend is dragging her down and there is not much I can do about it but let the other girls watch and learn.

The only incident I had with the girls birth family is when their big, fat white trash asses showed up at the oldests graduation ceremony and surrounded her afterwards and were taking pictures of her with their cell phones.

She was devastetd and I got in the middle of them and told them they all better back off or I'm gonna start dropping them one by one starting with the new boyfriend.
They got the message and backed off, and I told them not to show up at any more of these graduations because my version of justice for child abusers is much different than that of the law enforcement version.

Man, you would not believe some of the stuff I saw with how some of these poor kids were abused.
Every single case involved drug use from the so called parents, and some kids had birth defects and motor skill problems, brain disorders, and every single girl that came into out home had been sexually abused by a relative or an associate of the birth family.

I think the adoption route is easier than the fostering route because when you foster, you fall in love with these kids and they go to visit their so called Mothers that are supposed to be following a court ordered case plan and they make all these false promises to the kids during visitations, then the kids are emotional basket cases when the promises never happen.
This goes on and on like a roller coaster and really screws with the kids minds, then the foster family has to deal with the emotional issues.
The hardest thing is letting them go back into that environment when the court says it's okay, again.

I was happy when the scum bag mother finally gave up parental rights when she knew she would be spending five years in prison for drug related crimes.

It has not been an easy road by any means, but knowing the girls actually have a good chance of succeeding in this life makes it worth giving it a shot.

Sorry for the rant Frank, but feel free to let me know if I can help in any way.
You are a great man for your time and love you give.:happy10:
I had no idea you have had such a full plate.
There are so many bad things going on in the would, Thanks for giving the children a great man to stand behind when needed.
I must live in a cave, I have never thought about the bad parents that there is. This is an eye opener for me.
I have family that met me when I was 15 years old and they say I missed out on thing's like having a father or just a home with my own bed room.
But I think I was very lucky to have people around me when I was a young boy like you and frank that made me feel welcome in there nice homes.
My mother and grand mother raised me along with some great farmers and
uncles , Sounds like I had a good child hood compared to the stories I am hearing here.

My hat is off to you and Frank =D>=D>

Cudaspaz
Thats ok the rant is well worth it. I know what these girls have been through, Their Therapist says no human being should go through that much trauma (never been to war =P~).
Well we unloaded 12 sheets of drywall Saturday (though I was going to die).
Got the front bedroom 2 walls covered yesterday and hope to get the last wall up and 2 walls covered today.
Will update when I get a chance.
Frank

Cudaspaz
Thats ok the rant is well worth it. I know what these girls have been through, Their Therapist says no human being should go through that much trauma (never been to war =P~).
Well we unloaded 12 sheets of drywall Saturday (though I was going to die).
Got the front bedroom 2 walls covered yesterday and hope to get the last wall up and 2 walls covered today.
Will update when I get a chance.
Frank

Dang Frank!! Sheet rock!:tongue9:
I hope you have some good young help. I did shitrock work
20 years ago, Hung, taped and finished and textured for two years.
I did the finishing here at my cottage and had two trips to my dr for quatazone shots
in my shoulder. You take care and don't do to much at one time bud.#-o

Mike
No help Just me and Cinda. So far I got the wall framed in and another wall covered. I should get the last wall on that room 1 sided. Then it ceiling time and then mud and tape time.
About out of cash til next month or it try and sell something.
Frank

Mike
No help Just me and Cinda. So far I got the wall framed in and another wall covered. I should get the last wall on that room 1 sided. Then it ceiling time and then mud and tape time.
About out of cash til next month or it try and sell something.
Frank

have you ever hung sheet rock on a ceiling?
I found out a 2X4 nailed to a short lets say:-k 30" 2X4 that looks like this T will help hold it in place so you can crew it or nail it up.
Have you ever taped and finished before?

-
Back