Advice on cleaning/polishing/etc bezel

-

Batesy

Reaction score
I have a 75 Swinger. The dash bezels are the fake woodgrain and black, dimpled kind. Looking for tips on the best way to clean and then make them look polished. I was going to just use windex or soap and water and then maybe armorall on the black part and maybe something like pledge for the woodgrain pieces.
Please give me your preferred methods.
Thanks

Just don't use anything like Simple Green. I learned the hard way, it will take any of the paint right off before you even know what's happening. Fortunately I caught it right away, so I only have one spot to fix, but my dash was flawless before that mistake. Personally, I only use water on a very soft rag on the dash anymore now that I'm more careful. Some mild liquid soap is probably fine if it's really dirty, but if it's not needed, I wouldn't even use that. I use something like Armor All on the dash pad, can't think of what it's called, but it's similar, but only on the dash pad.

I agree with mild soap and water. The stimulated woodgrain isn't supposed to be high gloss. A clear coat would give it some shine and protection.

-
Back