Advice on Members Restorations postings

-

azaustin

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Adam,

Note: I tried to post this as per the “read this” note, but it wouldn’t work, so I’m trying it here anyway. My apologies if this isn’t correct.

As per the instructions at the top of the forum for members restorations I am sending you a PM. I don’t post much on FABO, but do read a lot, but I’m not adept at using all of the many features here. Are members supposed to use this thread instead of the photo garages thread? I posted some things there some time back, but all I can find now is my first photo. There are a lot of FABO rules and it seems like I step on them from time to time, unintentionally. It seems like Members Restorations are where I should be posting, but I’m not sure on how to update and maintain my thread. I know you posted directions, but I’m still not sure. I don’t understand the “thumbs up” address or I would have used that for this PM.

I’d like to post some pictures with an update, but I don’t want to do the wrong thing. I’m looking for advice and feedback more than exposure or pats on the back. I’m a real novice at this, so I need all the help I can get. Thanks.

Adam,

Note: I tried to post this as per the “read this” note, but it wouldn’t work, so I’m trying it here anyway. My apologies if this isn’t correct.

As per the instructions at the top of the forum for members restorations I am sending you a PM. I don’t post much on FABO, but do read a lot, but I’m not adept at using all of the many features here. Are members supposed to use this thread instead of the photo garages thread? I posted some things there some time back, but all I can find now is my first photo. There are a lot of FABO rules and it seems like I step on them from time to time, unintentionally. It seems like Members Restorations are where I should be posting, but I’m not sure on how to update and maintain my thread. I know you posted directions, but I’m still not sure. I don’t understand the “thumbs up” address or I would have used that for this PM.

I’d like to post some pictures with an update, but I don’t want to do the wrong thing. I’m looking for advice and feedback more than exposure or pats on the back. I’m a real novice at this, so I need all the help I can get. Thanks.
This is not a pm. You need to click on the members name and then "start conversation".

IMG_4498.gif

Open Your "Garage Item" and Click "Edit" then upload All of your Pics There, Then Hit "Save". Then We can All see them! Easy Peasy!

My apologies to everyone. It started as a PM, but I got a message saying that person wasn’t taking messages, or something like that, so I replied to their last post. I was just trying to find out if Member’s Restorations was the correct place to post or my Garages due to my confusion about the “Read This Before Posting Here” message at the top. I have uploaded pictures in Garages, but it was a while ago. I went there first, could only find one picture, and then went to Members Restorations. I think I’ll just stick to reading the site. Thanks.

I think of the Restorations page as a place to show what you are working on, not what you've already completed, along with notes on what and how you're doing it. This page is where I learned the basics of adapting a 200-4R trans to my Dart 340 Sport. And that's just a small part of what I've been able to learn.

That’s what I wanted to do. I just got my car on a rotisserie after seven years of work. Since I had used Photo Garage to post my earlier pics, I wanted to make sure I was putting them in the right place. The “read first” instructions at the top were confusing to me. Later, I noticed that the last post I was looking at (from the “read first”) was many years old. The instructions noted how you should update your ongoing posts (which I found confusing) and then talked about how that person would combine posts from other parts of the site if he found them. I was just trying to put my pictures in the right place. I’ll give it a shot and see what happens. I’ve been using FABO for quite a while but I’m not as proficient as the well-known members, so sometimes I put something where it shouldn’t be. Was just trying not to do that.

-
Back