-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ekb16hatch

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
:banghead:I DESPERATELY NEED either a 318 or 340 complete engine in good condition....I spun a bearing in mine on Sunday and the other engine I was going to buy didn't work out. I could really use some help or guidance for my issue at hand. Thank!

Why not just rebuild the one you have now (Im assuming you already have a 318)

I have a 318 +40 a friend of mine built- no heads,no cam,has about 2000 miles on it,ran great,he went with a 360-come and get it.Or I have complete 318's,shipping is a killer im at 63348

Yes I know I should probably have it rebuilt but to be honest I would rather buy the complete motor that has a fresh rebuild and just drop it in. If no one has one like that then I probably will rebuild mine. Any ideas on rebuild kits providing I dont find a rebuilt motor? Thanks, Eric

I've got a fresh 340 for sale if that would work. It's a 72 with the 72 version compression and valves. The intake and carb in the picture aren't included though. Also, a friend of mine has a 1967 273 from a Barracuda that has very little mileage on it from a recent rebuild and includes an intake and carb. I can get more info on that one if you would like. No problem shipping either one.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Attachments

• 340.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 179
To suggest a rebuild kit for you motor, more info is needed. Like what size the motor is now, what are your plans for the car/motor. Do you want to stroke it or a close to stock but with better compression. Also what year is the motor? Is it a LA block, LA block roller cam motor, or a magnum motor.

Okay right now I have a 318 but want to have a mild street engine while keeping it close to stock with a lot better compression. Its between a 67-70 not sure due to the casting numbers not being very clear, LA Block. Engine already has headers, aluminum intake with 4 barrel carb, new msd ignition system to get away from the old style...Any ideas?

Gonna need a good cam, heads, and better pistons. For the heads on the 318 I recommend the casting number 302 because they are swirl port head (increased velocity!!) you can use some hyperelectric pistons, I recommend Keith black pistons (believe the number is kb 107 for the part number) and the cam depends on rear gears (and rearend) the tranny your using and torque converter (assuming you're using an auto tranny).

I've got a mild cam in it right now im just not sure which one or what kind and as for my rear end and tranny im not sure what gears are in my rear end and tranny (904) its auto 3 speed on steering column. Any ideas for upgrading my rear end gears and also tranny that wont break the bank? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back