After 35 years back to where i started need exhaust manifold help

-

tsweetman

Reaction score
First was a 1971 dart swinger when i was 16 35 years later I just picked up a 1967 dart with a 360 and 727 I cut off old headers want to go back to manifold cant figure out what set will work both fit passenger side. Thanks for any help or idea's
First set
1.jpg

1a.jpg
Second set 2.jpg

2a.jpg

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

looks like the 1st set due to the steering box and look correct (driverside has tabs /ears for the hot air stove pipe)

most likely be able to get a desent stock exhaust system or a good shop to bend pipes.

Second stocks like magnum truck. I believe they have the biggest outlet. But the upswept drivers side says Mopar.

None of the modern rear exit manifolds without the "uey" bump will fit the driver side. So 3rd, 4th, or last photos the pass side may be workable, the driver side will not

So the top ones wont work then either i guess im on the hunt for a set. Will either one of these work for me.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16005.jpg

Last edited:
After reseaching I beleive I need 3614368 or 2863553 for driver side and 3418623 or 2863549 passenger. Does anybody know if there is any other numbers that will work? I don't have ability to pull motor out so can i fit in any shorty headers easily?

In post #7, the top pic is the same style 318 manifolds as your original pics. The second set in post 7 are B,C,E body small block manifolds. The passenger side will work in an A body, but the drivers side won't. What would work the best are a pair of 72 and up 340/360 exhaust manifolds. Sorry I don't have the numbers.

You can find 72-74 340 / 360 A body manifolds at pretty reasonable prices and just order head pipes that fit the manifolds you use. They are not nearly as expensive as the 68-70.

That is what I did on my 69 Cuda with a 360 / 727. I sawzalled the headers off.

I ordered my exhaust from Waldron & it was very reasonable.

IMG_0180.jpeg

I believe Mancini's were offering repop versions of the 340 manifolds, which port size etc will fit best imho.
I'm just taking off manifolds from my grandson's 273 to put headers on .

Assuming you have the big port 340/360 type heads, get a set of 340/360 A-body stock exhaust manifolds if this is just a street car. The '68-70 340 manifolds have the best flow, but, are also the most expensive to buy. The '71-6 ones work fine too, just a bit worse on flow. Some of the '75-6 castings have provision for the smog ports which you probably won't want unless your heads have the matching ports that need to be covered. The casting numbers in your post # 8 are the ones I would use...either the early matching set, or the later ones.

-
Back