After market auto shifter

-

fishman

Reaction score
Im thinking of putting a after market shifter in my 69 cuda. The car dosn't have a floor shift. Thought someone might have some input on which way to go. I have a console but no shifter. Any suggestions. Thanks Tom

Turbo Action is the top of the heap no doubt. With a little creativity, a B&M Pro Stick looks awesome in an A-Body console. I have that now. I cut out and connected the stock shifter bezel and the ash tray holes. Then I used some door edge guard to finish the cut to make it look factory. Even used the Aluminum cover with the pro stick. I don't have a a picture of that but I do have one from an E-body console I did so you can get the idea.

100_0811 small.JPG

Scary?

I haven't looked in to them yet. I am trying to decide if I want to hack up a factory console, or just get an aftermarket shifter and build a console from scratch.

My issue is that I have a factory console and shifter (and steering column) to convert my column shift dart to floor. The only problem is that I now have a 518 transmission, which has NO mounting provisions for factory floor shift linkages like a 727 does..so I'm SOL. My only options are an aftermarket shifter, OR see if I can modify the factory shifter to use a cable instead of a linkage.

Turbo Action SCS, Worth every penny.

i agree 100%. by far the easiest to install and the smoothest working shifter i have ever used. the cable wraps around the rear of the trans too wich keeps it away from all the heat.

Im thinking of putting a after market shifter in my 69 cuda. The car dosn't have a floor shift. Thought someone might have some input on which way to go. I have a console but no shifter. Any suggestions. Thanks Tom

Tom,
I used a B&M Quicksilver in my console with no mods at all. Works great and looks good too.

X

-
Back