After your last lap

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
I have thinking about post mortality.

TV has some commercials with motorcycle funeral cruises, and I watched the "Thirteenth warrior" the other day. Those Viking kings got buried or burned with their ships, some even say with the living-widowed-bride or virgins as well. I heard of a lady getting buried in her Ferrari. My physical science teacher said he wanted to be taken out with the trash. Caskets or coffins cost too much. Even cremation isn't cheap.

I don't wanna pay for any of that, except the garbage bill.

Is it illegal to burn and bury the body yourself (no polluting the ground water)?

What about a few bags of cement mix?

I think I would throw in some broken and old car parts for the hell of it.

If anybody wants to donate some shredded hemi heads or Mopar unique, fubar pieces, I am taking donations.

Anyone else have any better or unique ideas?

My sports enthusiast co-workers joke about team such and so as casket bearers, so their team can let them down one more time.

yeah pretty much sucks these days.
have to check local laws,but pretty much anything is illegal,if you get caught :D when I went to have my dad cremated 5-6 years ago I still had to buy a coffin luckily the guy I was dealing with was cool,i paid like 50-100 bucks and he put him in a casket shipping crate. gotta love md.

We have a place in Milledgeville that offers minimum cremations. Like 750 bucks. After they hand you the can, it's up to you what to do with it.

I had a friend who told his wife to cremate his body and take his ashes out into the Texas Gulf Bay and spread them in the water. His wife did exactly what he asked. Yes, it's illegal BUT>>>>if no one knows then it's OK!!

treblig

I had a friend who told his wife to cremate his body and take his ashes out into the Texas Gulf Bay and spread them in the water. His wife did exactly what he asked. Yes, it's illegal BUT>>>>if no one knows then it's OK!!

treblig

Exactly. We have tween 6 and 7 acres out here.....and rest assured, I will put Kitty right where she asked. Unless I go first. And I just wanna be flushed down the toilet.

treblig

That is illegal?

That is illegal?

Yes it is!! Before my friend died (Cancer) he inquired about it in our city and at the state level. They all told him the same thing, it's illegal. Pissing in your front yard (in the city) is also illegal but people still do it, just don't get caught "doing it" by the Police!!

Treblig

I want a couple of my drinkin buddies to toss my rigored body from the back of a speeding pickup somewhere in rural america.. Got to videotape as the body does a couple of cartwheels... Then the coyotes can have at it... I'm sure hoping I'm right about not needing this body after I die. Would kind of suck to find out I need it...

Well a few beat me to the donate method, Another is to just make sure no one comes to claim you. Eventually they have to do something with you.

treblig

My ashes are going to the Alamo if I don't build a tomb of wrecked Mopar memorabilia.

I don't care. After all signs of life are gone, what's left is not me anymore, just a collection of organic material. I won't be around anymore to know what happens. My sister will get my money, I'm sure she'll have me cremated and put my ashes on the ground.

I came to this after what happened to the body of my Grandma. The crematorium in North Georgia was tossing bodies into shallow graves instead of cremating them.

After we dealt with the shock, we concluded that Grandma wouldn't have cared; she was sure her soul was going to heaven, and having struggled financially through the Great Depression, she would have approved of the modest settlement the court awarded my Dad.

treblig

we went through this with my father in law a few months ago
the crematorium told us that is we wanted to dispose of the ashes in a public place we had to get permission from the local authorities

as for me personally, I always liked the idea of being donated to science...I always wanted to go to college ;)

but

the more I think of it, the more I think it is better testimony for Christians to be buried
there are several verses that speak of death as "sleep" and the new testament continues the idea of the resurrection of the dead as taught in the old testament

personally I don't think it makes much of a difference, God created us from the dirt, I'm sure He can resurrect us from the ashes

Look into natural burial. They put you in a shroud, a wicker basket or a wooden box.

I'd like this.

Also, who has given any thought to how you want the actual funeral to go? I mean I want a procession of hot cars and bikes, maybe a parting burnout from each? I want to go to the graveyard in the back of a pickup truck. Funerals are too morbid... as are the awakes.

My wifes uncle requested the music they played at his wake. It was all eagles and mellow classic rock stuff. They cremated him per request, so people put stuff in his coffin.

-
Back