aftermarket guage wiring to 12v and lighting

-

Gus Loza

Reaction score
hey everyone. im still a rookie when it comes to electrical work. so i bought oil, volt, water and a tach for my dart but where and how did you guys make the connections to 12v switched and lighting. any pictures will be great. ive only done this once like 20 years ago but splicing the wires which im sure was not the right way. do i ground the guages to the dash or to the firewall? thanks

Download your cars wiring diagram from mymopar.com, look for wires that come from the run side of the ignition switch

On my car I connected lighting for the additonal instruments (tach and oil temperature) into the unused lighting connector for an optional console.

Power comes from a fuse the factory would have installed had my car been equiped with the optional tachometer.
Rallye cluster gauge issues - 67 Barracuda

Last edited:
On my car I connected lighting for the additonal instruments (tach and oil temperature) into the unused lighting connector for an optional console.

Power comes from a fuse the factory would have installed had my car been equiped with the optional tachometer.
Rallye cluster gauge issues - 67 Barracuda
thats a good idea ill see if mines has that

-
Back