Aftermarket Snorkel Scoop

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
I have a line on the aftermarket dual snorkel scoop. Does anyone have any knowledge of these, quality, how they hold up etc.... Just wondering if I should pass.

I bought a set from a member and they look great, although I haven't put them on the car yet.

Aarong5, I think your talking about the 2 individual scoops. Im looking at the single dual inlet scoop that mounts in the center of the hood.

This particular scoop Im looking at has a 1.5" flange all around the inside of the scoop. No predetermined holes for mounting. He said it was a knock off from ebay some years ago. I think I will pass on this one, but Im still curious as to the aftermarket dual snorkel scoops if there are good ones or not

Aarong5, I think your talking about the 2 individual scoops. Im looking at the single dual inlet scoop that mounts in the center of the hood.

This particular scoop Im looking at has a 1.5" flange all around the inside of the scoop. No predetermined holes for mounting. He said it was a knock off from ebay some years ago. I think I will pass on this one, but Im still curious as to the aftermarket dual snorkel scoops if there are good ones or not

I would hold out for a deal on a factory one, the time and trouble put in on some of the aftermarket stuff sucks. I think I hunted 3 years for the right deal.

Stinger Fiberglass Scoop is awesome and is the one on my 74 Swinger.
Did a little body work to sand off and eliminate the body line on the side of the snorkels from the mold they used of a factory scoop where the originals were 2 pieces.
It was removed for the fact that it was not even on the sides of the snorkels.
I alsothink it looks much better with out it.

I think this is what your talking about; One on ebay.....a little pricey for my wallet
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-73-74-75-76-Dodge-Demon-Dart-Sport-Swinger-NOS-MoPar-HOOD-SCOOP-/400609697061?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d4632dd25&vxp=mtr"]1972 73 74 75 76 Dodge Demon Dart Sport Swinger Mopar Hood Scoop | eBay[/ame]

$_3.JPG

$695!!! dear god... yea thats a bit insane.. I have no real knowledge of the aftermarket versions.. I held out and got a great deal from a friend on an original with all the mounting studs intact.. I payed $610 less than that ebag add.. LOL .. I say wait it out if you can and try and get an original

Damn, SpeedracerX you got a hell of a deal!

lol.. true.. but it was a close friend who sold it to me.. our code at the garage is if we can help one another out with parts we have, we do... we arent out to get rich of each other LOL.. There was a part (another scoop I believe) that he was trying to buy for his car.. the amount he was short was what he charged me for the dual snorkel .. but we both knew that it was worth more than what he was charging me...

Put a Wanted ad up for an original.I picked up 2 off of FABO for about $225-$250 in great condition.

I only had mine on the car for a few months before I got rid of the car.Mine had studs....

I paid $400 for mine (from a member here), it's an original Dodge part, already painted matte black to match my hood.

-
Back