Air Conditioning Under Hood Components Wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
have a few pieces from a 71/72 duster,and also a 74 dart. am going to assume they are different, than your dart, but if you want to see pics let me know. don't want much more than shipping for them.

Looking for components for a 68 Dart, V8, air conditioning parts to complete restoration. Looking for original type parts, vales, condenser, hoses, brackets.
Canada

I have a brand new condensor. I also have a compressor brackets and some other parts. I also have a brand new Mopar under dash unit. These parts fit a 1970 340 Swinger. Not sure if they are same as 68 or 69.

Thanks alot for getting back to me, i dont know if they are the same but if you could send me a few pics, i might be able to compare to what i have for pictures and info. appreciate it.

Thanks alot for getting back to me, i dont know if they are the same but if you could send me a few pics, i might be able to compare to what i have for pictures and info. appreciate it.

Carlee68
I will get you some pics this weekend. I have a lot of stuff to go through since I just took possession last weekend. The under dash unit is aftermarket not Mopar.

Looking for components for a 68 Dart, V8, air conditioning parts to complete restoration. Looking for original type parts, vales, condenser, hoses, brackets.
Canada

My buddy has a nearly complete set up off his 68 dart, I'll see what he has, and what he doesn't, also I'll try and get some pic's for you.

Jeff

Ok, just talked to my buddy, he has a compressor, all hoses, condensor, expansion valve, he also has the vents with evaporator in dash, but that part is kinda ruff he said. He is going to send me pic's tommorow when he goes over to the storage shop. This set up came off his last car and worked great, he took it off for performance reasons

Thanks for looking into that,i have all the under dash vents, i need everything in the engine bay, just as you have described, also the brackets from the compressor to the engine, do you know if it was off a v8 or slant six

Just a bit of info that may help. First the water valve...
The vacuum operated water control valve mounted on the right inner fender may be the most difficult piece to find in good condition today. They tend to leak water after 40+ years of use. I have seen NOS on ebay before but the price is outragous.
I think it could be repaired but I have yet to find anyone willing to attempt the task.

The under dash vents for this model was all chrome plated metals. The majority of those are severly pitted today.The louvers rotated on tiny pins that were easily broken.
Want some positive info ? In 1973 that vent assembly changed to all black plastic. How it attached to the later model plenum changed also so the entire assembly is not interchangable but.. the 4 little vent assemblies are indentical and interchangable :)
You could buy good used plastic vents from as late as 76 model, send them off for vacuum mettalize chrome plating and you're golden.
One more... The lower dash pads were 68 model only and only 2 pieces unless the car has factory a/c. In this case a small 3rd piece of lower dash pad covers the bottom outer edge of that under dash vent assembly. Those are hard to find in good condition also.
They are easier to restore than the leaky water valve for sure.
Hope this helps and good luck.

i have a complete one still on running driving car it works and blows cold i want $500 for every thing it is a 318 in a 68 dart

Interchange on the condensor is 67 to 72 if it is factory installed air with the push buttons in the dash. There is also a different one if there was no buttons on the dash.

Compressor less brackets is 1962 through 1968. Slant 6 is the same as the V8 but you need the correct brackets. You need to make sure the v belt surface on the clutch will line up if you try to use something different.

there is an add on detroit metros cragise list auto parts onwer dodge dartsays he has every thing but no price posted

Canada

Here are the pic's of the part's he has, like I said it works great no leaks. He want's $250 plus the ride, let me know I do have a good vacuum valve too, but it's in my car in storage at the moment.

View attachment DSC01240.jpg

View attachment DSC01242.jpg

View attachment DSC01244.jpg

View attachment DSC01246.jpg

View attachment DSC01247.jpg

View attachment DSC01248.jpg

View attachment DSC01249.jpg

thanks for pics, can you send me a pic of the front compressor and bracket, and the part no off the compressor and what the tag on it says... looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back