Airdams.....

-

1970Duster

Reaction score
Anybody got pictures of Airdams mounted on their A bodies (really looking for a 70-72 Duster but any pictures will help) and where they are mounted. Are these airdams factory or is it after market (like Direct Connection rear spoiler, like the one on Dustaar). Thanks in advance!

Here's the '68 B'cuda I used to own. Challenger T/A air dams on the front. They fit like they were made for the car. What was funny to me was the fact that no one ever mentioned them at any of the shows or cruise-ins I went to. I was waiting for some 'expert' to inform me they weren't 'correct'. LOL
Dallas

Attachments

• 68 B'cuda (Small).JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 297
Those look pretty sharp on the Cuda! What happened to the car?

What happened to the car?

I drove it for 4 years, finally priced it to a guy who had been after it for about 2 years, now I don't have it any more. :angry7: It was probably the best old car I ever owned. You could literally drive it anywhere without worry. It is now in what could very well be the largest convertible collection in the world. When I sold the car in '08 the guy owned nearly 400 convertibles then, and I heard he is still buying.
I have a pic of the rear, but I can't find it now.
Dallas

Wow, sounds like it went to a good home with 400:shock: other convertibles! Funny isn't it, you never really know how much you miss them till there gone. Going to get another to replace it someday?

Anybody got pictures of Airdams mounted on their A bodies (really looking for a 70-72 Duster but any pictures will help) and where they are mounted. Are these airdams factory or is it after market (like Direct Connection rear spoiler, like the one on Dustaar). Thanks in advance!

The front and rear ones on the Dustaar are or modeled after the Direct Connection ABS plastic ones. I think MAS Fiberglass out of Mn. made at least the rear in 'glass. Maybe front too?

I have two of the rear ones and was thinking the front has to be made of abs as well but didn't know. Ive got a line on one now and just wanted to see if someone already had one and some pictures of how it's mounted. This why I can confirm it's the right part. Heck it would be really great if someone could give me a measurement with it mounted and the bottom of it to the ground. I might end up making one it the thing rides up a little to high.

Here's some front ones. Spoilers by Randy. $120 + $25 S&H to lower 48.

Attachments

• demon ft spoiler.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 349
  • duster spoiler.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 352
Do you have one? How much ground clearance is there? How well does the airdam hold up (at high speed for example, any breakage....)?

Randy's spoilers are made out of steel. I believe the ones for the A bodies mount to the core support. I have one on my 73 Roadrunner.

Here is mine for what its worth, its 20Ga steel
Andrew

Attachments

• front bumper 13.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 271
  • front bumper 11.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 234
  • Front Air Intake.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 222
Here's the '68 B'cuda I used to own. Challenger T/A air dams on the front. They fit like they were made for the car. What was funny to me was the fact that no one ever mentioned them at any of the shows or cruise-ins I went to. I was waiting for some 'expert' to inform me they weren't 'correct'. LOL
Dallas

That looks sweet!

I'm almost afraid to even compliment people at car shows now days because it seems that the owners are standing there itching for someone to say something, anything negative about their car.
I've never seen so many testy people as I have lately.

I never say anything negative to someone about there car even if it's total piece of crap, I still compliment it, but even then they might take it the wrong way, and call me a racist or something LOL.

I think there must be a heavy supply of estrogen getting into the drinking water.

i use 70 aar spoiler on my 68 fastback
cuda4.jpg

cuda1.jpg

Wow, sounds like it went to a good home with 400:shock: other convertibles! Funny isn't it, you never really know how much you miss them till there gone. Going to get another to replace it someday?

That '68 B'cuda was an exceptional car. Everyone that drove it was amazed how nicely it drove and how smooth it was.
I bought a '68 Dart GT 'vert early last summer and drove it awhile but sold it last fall. It just didn't do for me what the B'cuda did. I want to get another old 'vert but I'm not sure what I want this time. Meanwhile I have my '05 Pt Cruiser 'vert for top down fun. (If it ever warms up again. It was 2 degrees when I came home tonite! I really hate winter! :angry7:)
Dallas

-
Back