ALERT!! SOUND THE ALARM!!..

-
I'm going to order the .075's..
I could use the drop in compression...
Avoid clearance issues, better chance of getting a way with pump gas, and they are in stock... One in Nevada One in Texas...
Now the question is will my intake manifold fit...:BangHead:...:rolleyes:...

Thicker intake gasket options are out there. If not just glue two together. Double stack. Just like a burger.

Thicker intake gasket options are out there. If not just glue two together. Double stack. Just like a burger.
I have a set of 1213s..
I'm sure they milled at least .010 offf my head's a long time ago to clean them up.
That plus the 1008 felpro @ .039 should leave me at a .026 difference...

Well, ****. I'm assuming that the gaskets for the eq/Eddy heads are the ones, since the SMs are copies. Anyone have first hand info?

Screenshot_20200513-220454.jpg

I ordered for a 4. 040 bore.. I assume the fire ring is actually bigger than that?...
As I have a 4.040 bore...

What if your .010 out of the hole?...

Block has been decked by an unknown amount, but I'm asking for them to be .009 in the hole (9.582 deck height), but cometic has a ton of options, so I'm not too worried. Plus, they used a rottler f65, they should be able to hit whatever I need.

What concerns me is the two month wait on the non-standard gaskets.

Screenshot_20200513-222426.jpg

Block has been decked by an unknown amount, but I'm asking for them to be .009 in the hole (9.582 deck height), but cometic has a ton of options, so I'm not too worried. Plus, they used a rottler f65, they should be able to hit whatever I need.

What concerns me is the two month wait on the non-standard gaskets.

View attachment 1715527620
I called cometic this morning and they said 4 weeks...

I ordered for a 4. 040 bore.. I assume the fire ring is actually bigger than that?...
As I have a 4.040 bore...
You may want to get another opinion that quickly, while there is time to change your order. Did you order an MLS?
I ordered a set of Cometic MLS gaskets in 4.38" bore assuming it would be bigger to fit that bore. Not the case at all. The bore size Cometic lists is the diameter of the gasket opening, not the engine bore size. Mine sat around for a while before I checked the gaskets on the block. Now I have ordered a new set in 4.41", I think it was, and they have just the right amount of oversize for the 4.38" bore they are going on.

Now I have on order a set of C5917-60 for a small block with Edelbrock Magnum heads. I ordered those in 4.08" to match my block that is already at 4.04" diameter bore. Can't comment on the C5917-60 yet because they are still a week away, if they stay on schedule. Others are using different numbers with Edelbrock heads successfully, so maybe I should have ordered a different part number to get it quicker.

This is my first time using Cometic MLS gaskets, so I am still trying to figure this out.

You may want to get another opinion that quickly, while there is time to change your order. Did you order an MLS?
I ordered a set of Cometic MLS gaskets in 4.38" bore assuming it would be bigger to fit that bore. Not the case at all. The bore size Cometic lists is the diameter of the gasket opening, not the engine bore size. Mine sat around for a while before I checked the gaskets on the block. Now I have ordered a new set in 4.41", I think it was, and they have just the right amount of oversize for the 4.38" bore they are going on.

Now I have on order a set of C5917-60 for a small block with Edelbrock Magnum heads. I ordered those in 4.08" to match my block that is already at 4.04" diameter bore. Can't comment on the C5917-60 yet because they are still a week away, if they stay on schedule. Others are using different numbers with Edelbrock heads successfully, so maybe I should have ordered a different part number to get it quicker.

This is my first time using Cometic MLS gaskets, so I am still trying to figure this out.

I saw what jpar ordered. He’s fine. The smaller the bore in the gasket without hanging in the bore the better off you are. Crevice volume increases for no reason suck.

Also, the top of the piston is under nominal bore size, so even though he is .010 out of the deck he’s just fine.

I saw what jpar ordered. He’s fine. The smaller the bore in the gasket without hanging in the bore the better off you are. Crevice volume increases for no reason suck.

Also, the top of the piston is under nominal bore size, so even though he is .010 out of the deck he’s just fine.
Well I just chickened out!...
I changed it to the c5622-070..
From the c5633-075..
After one more double check with the cometic tech line and it didn't sound like some pimply face kid like the Holley tech line.. they wanted 30 to 60 thousandths away from the piston...
What do you expect from someone who's too scared to hit the nitrous button...:(..

Well I just chickened out!...
I changed it to the c5622-070..
From the c5633-075..
After one more double check with the cometic tech line and it didn't sound like some pimply face kid like the Holley tech line.. they wanted 30 to 60 thousandths away from the piston...
What do you expect from someone who's too scared to hit the nitrous button...:(..

Did they have two 5622’s???? If so...buy a lottery ticket because you’re getting lucky.

The one from Texas got shipped out of the first order and I will get that one and send it back. The one from Nevada didn't get shipped out..

When you order them from 4secondsflat he recommends .030 over the bore size.

@toolmanmike do you still have your speedmasters? Can you measure the opening of the chamber? Now I'm worried that they're too big to cover the gasket...

When you order them from 4secondsflat he recommends .030 over the bore size.

Yes. I’ve run them as close as .010 over bore size. Trying to get over 15:1 with a 3.313 stroke is a nightmare, and every CC counts. I used copper gaskets with an undersized ?bore and I had a junk block I put in the boring bar. Then I slapped both gaskets on and put the torque plate over them and bored the hole size I wanted.

I thought about doing it in the mill with the boring head, but this was way quicker. IIRC to get 15.58:1 I had the piston out of the deck .054 and I never had an issue.

I hate crevice volume!

-
Back