All the Mopurists, don't look, it's blasphemous!

-
smart man there..

v6 salvage title car with 6.0 LS turbo.

after paint he says he should have under 20K into ti.

pretty cool and bad ***..

Motor is a great platform. Car is a great platform. Not a Demon Killer. It doesn't look like something that runs mid 11's and then you turn on the AC and take a trip to the beach. Apples to oranges IMO....

He won't excite the mopar group with it. The true Foxbody guys have no interest in the LS swaps either. But a timeslip is a timeslip and it takes all things to make the world go round.....

Wonder what he paid for the car?

JW

Ya I put a JATO on my Challenger and went negative 2's. Snore.

That's just not right! Cudos to the builder for the ingenuity of fitment etc.. But there's no place for chevy motors in fords or mopars. There's plenty of hellcat motors on ebay around 10k that would plug n play. Another 10k of mods and that LS would eat dirt. It will end up junk anyhow. We all know they don't last very long either. 1/4 the price and 1/4 of longevity. If he wanted to build an LS then he shoulda bought an impala or camaro or something. Its a disgrace. There wouldn't even be mopar if everyone did that. Just plain wrong!

There's plenty of hellcat motors on ebay around 10k that would plug n play. Another 10k of mods and that LS would eat dirt.

Exactly why the guy used an LS. 20k for the hellcat engine and mods and you still need to buy and build a car so you'll have more then his 20k into the total car.

I like all hotrodding but it's not anything like a demon... Hotrod attention grabber lol...

JW
Ya, I didn't read the article just grabbed the headlines. The car could have started out with a V6 for all I know. LS's are a dime a dozen and the aftermarket has made it cheap to modify and put in almost anything.

So its a He-LS-Cat? F yeah, doing it for under 20K. I dont understand guys buying Hellcats or Super Snakes and taking them right to the track untouched except maybe slicks. Where is the....hotrodding? Id expect a car that is track bound would have a few tricks up its sleeve, as in a tune, underdrive pulleys as stated.....Im suprised the Hellcats dont have a high beam sensor that you can aim at the trees yellows to get you a perfect .500 stage time....they got the line lock and traction control already...Like a Tesla, just wait for the green, mash it and hold on (well, Tesla will just steer itself!). Whats next: Autonomous drag racing where there is no drivers, just 2 robots on the line doing a sprint.

-
Back