All the way from Berkeley California

-

Greg A-M

Reaction score
Hello one and many,

I'm Greg and I'm joining here from Albany, the town on the north border of Berkeley CA.

Here she is, a '74 Duster with a 225. She's a joint venture between a friend of mine and myself. We plan on turning her into a road tripping machine!

Her name's Pinkie.

IMG_20161007_164632.jpg

Awesome you'll be keeping them.

I had them on my first car, a 1972 Duster. Love them...I don't think I have any pics of it. We didn't have smartphone back in 1979!!

Don't drive that into Berkeley, the tree huggers will puke! Then they will try and run you off the road in their Prius, or they will sneak up on you in their bug eyed Leaf. Find some front runners for that cripple!

Welcome aboard Greg. Looks like a great starting point,
C

Don't drive that into Berkeley, the tree huggers will puke! Then they will try and run you off the road in their Prius, or they will sneak up on you in their bug eyed Leaf. Find some front runners for that cripple!

You'd be surprised! I'm actually one of them tree-huggers as they call 'em. The car right in front of the Duster, just out of frame, is my parent's 07 Prius but I will give it to ya - Nissan leafs (leaves?) are uglier than sin.

Again, you'd be surprised. Theres a guy a short walk from me who's got his family's Imperial Crown. The thing can actually block roads its so big and everyone around here loves it. Plenty of old Mustangs, Chargers, and Novas around too.

Welcome to FABO, gotta love those rust free cars you have down there!
Don't be too certain. This the bay area. If you live on the coast, the slant in the air has been known to rip the chrome right off bumpers. I've seen it with my own eyes. But yeah, things are pretty good out here.

Welcome aboard Greg. Looks like a great starting point,
C
welcome to the fray - looking forward to seeing what you do!!

Thanks guys! I'm going to be needing a lot of pointers and info at any turn on this. She's the first domestic car I've ever owned. Only ever had Brit cars and air-cooled VWs before this. I'll keep you all updated.

Awesome you'll be keeping them.

I had them on my first car, a 1972 Duster. Love them...I don't think I have any pics of it. We didn't have smartphone back in 1979!!

Don't worry about that. I'm not a fan of intelligent telephones. I can imagine she looked killer. What was her color? Did you put specialty tires on the slots?

-
Back