Almost 3 years.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
I haven't driven my Barracuda in almost 3 years because I don't feel like going out and changing the cam.

25 years ago I would have fixed it the first weekend I had off.

There must be someone local to to come over and help you.
You are to far from me. I love my Cuda get er done.
I feel like I am 16 again every time I drive mine.
I wanted a 68 fb when I found my 67 notch.

Go to a car show or the drags, nothing like seeing them tool around to get you motivated.

hell, I would love to come over and have you tell me how to do it....

maybe you can find a local like minded younger and eager fool.
you could find someone to teach how to do this stuff to, might make it more appealing.

or just get her the f done!

Take a baseball bat to your daily driver and knife the tires as well.of course after you have all the parts need for the cuda and then you will have to do it.
TXDart

hell, I would love to come over and have you tell me how to do it....

maybe you can find a local like minded younger and eager fool.
you could find someone to teach how to do this stuff to, might make it more appealing.

or just get her the f done!
Take pictures of your parts if you got them and if not order them today.
Post them today on this thread.Do a step by step cam change on this thread for the younger crowd who would love to learn.You owe it to them.
:worthles:
Just do it...
Start today.

TXDart

I haven't driven my Barracuda in almost 3 years because I don't feel like going out and changing the cam.

25 years ago I would have fixed it the first weekend I had off.

I know the feeling brother.
Too much, many demands on my money, time, energy.
Life seems like a never ending struggle sometimes.
Hang in there, your thinking about it now, somethings
about to happen.

Carl

well damn, if all my cuda needed was a cam change to be driven, it woulda done been done yesterday!!!! i like the step by step cam change with pics idea....if i was closer id be down there with ya!!!

Does it run currently? Take it for a drive and pay close attention to all its faults, and think about how much fun you'll have when it's fixed the way you want. That's what I did, and now my Duster is in a million pieces LOL...

Having a beautiful 68 like yours should be all the motivation you need. Couple that with the fact that you haven't been able to bang her through the gears even once in three years... or throw your elbow on the door frame with all four of the windows open, or..

Hey, I'm gettin motivated :)

Grant

Well I at least went and looked at it today. It's sitting in a friends shop and is still dirty from the house fire. I guess I should get to work.
100_1937.jpg

100_1936.jpg

ALL right,first pictures posted.Where is the parts?Step one is complete.
Man,I am jealous,one sweet cuda.
TXDart
P.S. Sorry to hear you had a house fire.

No, Im not depressed and I can easily do it myself but summer is just around the corner and i need to get motivated.
I would say once you start you will have an active interest to get it finished to drive again. I was afraid once I tore into my 69 dart I wouldn't be able to finish the /6 to 318 swap. It took three months but now I'm happy every time I drive it. Yes I would say it makes me smile when people check out the car any time it's out of the garage.
put a new cam in it you'll be happy you did. Take care
dodgedartCassiniranch005.jpg

-
Back