Almost blew up Turbo Slant

-
Bill are these the trw pistons your reference

Yes, Aaron; those are the ones.

How long have you had those?

I am sure Brandon is right when he contends that they were discontinued YEARS ago...

And, when they were in use, they had a horrible reputation for being unnecessarily heavy... But his was not for a slant six piston; some big-bore V-8.... the problem might not exist for a smaller, 3.4" bore...

Talk to me... :coffee2:

:cheers: S'all good! lol I'd hate to know how many times I've been wrong. Sorry I didn't post when I seen it on my lunch I could have stopped you on the pistons :) They have been discontinued for years. Ryan either got his NOS, or, if it's the engine I think it is, it's a possibility he bought them new in the 90's :shock: They'd be stock comp height most likely, somewheres of high 7, low 8's as well. Tom's right though, 9:1 would probably be good with 50/50 93/110 and a sweet tune.

I was surprised a little when you said the studs were 220k, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it was just a blanket type statement.

Also, there's a group buy that WAS in the forming over at .org for the 220k studs, pretty sure it fell apart when this was found out:

HOWEVER this was also mentioned

I guess if it is really a priority, one could look into it.

Oh, and for those of you that mentioned MLS, here's the word on the street on that: http://slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57083

Brandon, Thanks for your patience! This project has gone on so LONG, I can't actually remember how much we paid for those 220,000psi/group-buy studs, but it wasn't cheap. I REALLY wanted some of those studs made from the 260,000psi material, but just couldn't swing it... This is, after all, SUPPOSED to be a hobby; not Cosworth... LOL!

And thanks for the MLS/.org links; that is interersting.

Are you familiar with a Turbo place in Springdale, AR, just East of Fayetteville, (can't remember the name!) ???? Oh yeah; it's the G-Pop Shop.

Yes, Aaron; those are the ones.

How long have you had those?

I am sure Brandon is right when he contends that they were discontinued YEARS ago...

And, when they were in use, they had a horrible reputation for being unnecessarily heavy... But his was not for a slant six piston; some big-bore V-8.... the problem might not exist for a smaller, 3.4" bore...

Talk to me... :coffee2:

You no me Bill ive got all kinds of goodies hide in my basement....I may have a set of rings for them too ill have too look....
Aaron

You no me Bill ive got all kinds of goodies hide in my basement....I may have a set of rings for them too ill have too look....
Aaron

Aaron, don't spend a lot of time looking for those rings; I would never use those pistons, myself (too heavy, probably) but I m sure you'd have NO trouble selling them; a lot of people think Wiseco pistons are over-priced (and they probably are!)

Thanks for the info!!:cheers:

-
Back