Alterkation front end swap

-
Joe, what size are your front tires and wheels? You think they'd fit on a 63 dart?

225/50-17.. wheels are 17x8 with 5.72 backspace. i think the tire will fit but not sure about the wheel.. i know djvcuda has the same size tire on the front of his 66 cuda but with a 17x7 rim and a 4.25 backspace..

did anyone seen that qa1 brought out cap products,on qa1 site says that the k-frames are coming soon,does that mean no junk cap products

I'm still leaning toward freakride.com I like their stuff and they are very helpful on the phone

if every after market part was made with the effort of a perfect fitting product, realiabity that RMS took, building a car would be alot easier, just sayin'

Everyone has there own opinion.
This is what I chose.
No regrets.
You know the saying, you get what you pay for.

Attachments

• 000_0061 (Medium).jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 976
The after market mustang II style rack and pinion coil over units are available for about $1500, including GM brakes and power rack. The problem is the cross member is behind the front steer rack and where the engine oil pan is located.

I am thinking the steering angles are engineered into these M II units, so would it be feasible to weld it in place, build a cross member similar to the alter K, attach the rack to the new cross member, and then cut out the original cross member? I may give it a try.

I am sure the alter k is a fine unit, but 5 grand for one with brakes is a little rich for my blood. I don't have that much plasma to sell.

ive been doing some home work,the rms looks to be the best ,then theres bobs pro fab,,aje has them as im doing reseach on them,henidenny makes them on here,qa1 will start selling them after the 1st of the year,im too is in the market for one as mine will be a deadicated race only car,im like anyone else and on a buget,as us drag racers are broke all the time anyway,looking for a good product ,priced right and will last a long time,want all and everyones input on all these products

I was at a show in Bowling Green and QA1 had a tube k member on display but had not finished it.

-
Back