AlterKtion/Reillymotorsports Suspension (I did it!)

-

70DusterDev

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger on the whole front K member suspension setup being coilovers along with power rack and pinion. Been saving pennies for this for quite a while. Hopefully it handles as well as I hope when I'm done and it was worth the money!

Anyone who already has this setup, please chime in with do's and don'ts from putting it together and how you like the out come!

handling8_1_2_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

View attachment 1715280255

you are going to love it.. best most proven r&p set up on the market right now for our cars....

install was cake...

Oh thats awesome to hear!! I couldn't afford to swing the 4 link rear yet, but it seems Mopar had their rear leaf setup dialed in pretty well for their time.

I hope that your pics are stock and not your kit because you have one viking and one ridetech coil over shocks

Oh thats awesome to hear!! I couldn't afford to swing the 4 link rear yet, but it seems Mopar had their rear leaf setup dialed in pretty well for their time.

Depends what you want from it.

When I first did my alter-k my rear springs were stick 100,000 mile 6 cyl springs and air shocks. It actually handled a lot better then I thought it would. The streetlynx was awesome when that went in though.

Love mine and I do wish I would have added the sway bar. It still handles better than stock suspension with sway bar and the weight savings is real. I opted for no power steering and that is way better than stock since the front end weight is reduced on the wheels. I also did my own alignment with tools from Bill and some advice. Not hard at all but I took my time since it was the first time doing any alignment. By the way if you need to ever pull the oil pan its pretty easy without jacking up the motor. Make sure you install the rack and pinion rod ends correctly. I installed mine wrong and Bill saw a picture and corrected me before I drove the car. They are wrong in the attached pic. They go on the bottom not the top.

226.jpg

photo 4.JPG

Oh awesome thanks for the heads up!! I figured Id just bring the car to a local shop with the numbers he says to use for alignment. I definitely wanted to the power steering since I'll be driving on the street so much, and it had power steering before. Did you do the rear 4 link as well?

I'll get to the rear at some point! Abodyjoe, the car has the factory 340 rear suspension with leafs that have been re-arched, so they seem to do well back there.

I'm sure this will piss a bunch of the guys off too, but part of the reason for the kit was to go with the LSX motor mounts because I'm also doing a 5.3LS, twin turbos and a T56. I am however keeping the 340, 727, center console, rallye dash and the factory badged front seats just so I have all the numbers matching original stuff.

The main reason I'm doing all this is I've wanted a newer SRT8 Challenger for quite a while, but knew if I bought one I'd never drive the duster anymore. So instead I decided to spend some money making the Duster more modern with a modern gauge cluster, better bucket seats (rally pro 1000) along with the upgraded suspension, 6 speed trans and the fuel injected V8 with a couple turbos.

Anti-seize the crap out of the rod that goes into the LCAs. Pump grease in like instructions say until the gun won’t squeeze anymore. If you don’t and have to change the bushing expect to beat those rods out for half of a day. If the bushings go bad just call Bill the are a lifetime warranty item.

Anti-seize the crap out of the rod that goes into the LCAs. Pump grease in like instructions say until the gun won’t squeeze anymore. If you don’t and have to change the bushing expect to beat those rods out for half of a day. If the bushings go bad just call Bill the are a lifetime warranty item.

wondering about the front end lift on this set up on the dragstrip , any one got any info ??

dartlaunch.jpg

Stock suspension. Best 60’ was 1.69

Full RMS suspension. Best 60’ was 1.63. Never really tuned it for the track though. Was more a street car. And boy was it a huge improvement on the street.

Thought I had pics with stock rear suspension and the alter-k up front launching but I can’t find them.

dartlaunch2.jpg

View attachment 1715280642

Stock suspension. Best 60’ was 1.69

Full RMS suspension. Best 60’ was 1.63. Never really tuned it for the track though. Was more a street car. And boy was it a huge improvement on the street.

Thought I had pics with stock rear suspension and the alter-k up front launching but I can’t find them.

View attachment 1715280643

Hey Joe - what were you 1/4 mi mphs in that car?

Best time was 12.17 at 108.9 mph if I remember correctly. But like I said I never really chased the bedtctime at the track. It was a street car first.
For 12's and a 1.63@60'...that's damn close to lifting the front wheels. Hooking up pretty darn good.

It always lifted the left front tire for a split second. Car didn’t have frame connectors on it at the time either.

Those tires really hooked. First time I ran it with them it scared the hell out of me. Lol

It always lifted the left front tire for a split second. Car didn’t have frame connectors on it at the time either.

Those tires really hooked. First time I ran it with them it scared the hell out of me. Lol
Hoosier quicktime>
I had a big pair on my old vega, wore out too soon w/ a lot of dragstrip action.
Getting ready to put 295 60 d15`s on the fish , soon as I sell both sets of my drag radials .

Oh awesome thanks for the heads up!! I figured Id just bring the car to a local shop with the numbers he says to use for alignment. I definitely wanted to the power steering since I'll be driving on the street so much, and it had power steering before. Did you do the rear 4 link as well?

I'll get to the rear at some point! Abodyjoe, the car has the factory 340 rear suspension with leafs that have been re-arched, so they seem to do well back there.
I am still running XHeavy Duty springs and competition Eng shocks. One thing about a shop is spent a lot of time of making my system look really nice, I was afraid they would beat it up and ruin all my hard work. For less than the price of an alignment I bought the tools from Bill and learned something new about my Mopar. Happy to help if you go that way.

-
Back