Aluminum cross flow radiator & hoses

-

DusTed74

Reaction score
Hey folks. I just mocked up the radiator and hoses on my Demon and I think it came out ok so I figured I'd pass this info along.
I'm using a Be-Cool 35007 cross flow radiator and a Gates #22043 upper hose and a # 20046 lower hose. Both hoses need some trimming but it looks like they're going to work well.
I hope this helps...............Ted

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 647
  • 008.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 653
  • 011.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 656
Nice work Teddy boy! That's a lot of radiator, too.

How's the clearance with the oil pump and filter in place?

Looks great! I was reading the specs, looks like the height is 20 inches, did you have to do anything to the bottom of the core support and I assume you have no hood closing clearance issues? Thanks for posting this, I'm sure it will help people!

How's the clearance with the oil pump and filter in place?

I was thinking about that last night. So I just went out and stuck the pump up in there along with a Wix 51515 long filter. As you can see there's a mile of room.

Ted

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 584
  • 004.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 572
Looks great! I was reading the specs, looks like the height is 20 inches, did you have to do anything to the bottom of the core support and I assume you have no hood closing clearance issues? Thanks for posting this, I'm sure it will help people!

As you can see in the pictures in my first post I cut the lip off of the top in order to push the radiator as far forward as I could. In these pictures you can see what I did on the bottom. Just a little cut.
I did all of this so that I could run my clutch fan. I really didn't want to run an electric fan, and things get really tight with a motor plate.

Ted

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 588
  • 006.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 564
Wix filters don't come in a box? Never noticed a bar code on a filter before. Getting old here. LOL.

This si good to know. I just ordered a Be Cool 80198 for mine, which is the kit.

I don't see why not. That sheet metal up front is all pretty similar.

Ted

I got mine all ordered up. Sure do like cross flow radiators better anyway so hope mine turns out as well.

I got mine all ordered up. Sure do like cross flow radiators better anyway so hope mine turns out as well.

don't think you`ll have that much room on a 67 barracuda. I had to run a short filter, in order to run a fan shroud on my 68 fish, no clutch fan either !

That's one thing that I did not try.
Here's another shot from a different angle. It looks like it's going to be tight but I might be able to trim a little off of the front of that hose if need be.
Unfortunately all of that stuff is out of the car now.

Ted

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 396
I used the same radiator on my 69 Valiant are you going to finish the top and bottom of the radiator I'll have to look into the upper hose but are you going to be using heater hoses? I post some pictures of mine but I used dual electric fans

This car does not have a heater in it so there wont be any hoses.
I was thinking about making some sort of decorative cap to put on top of the radiator but that is just not very high on the to-do list right now.
Please post some pictures. I would like to see what yours looks like.

Ted

pictures a little late hate the hose

Attachments

• DSCF0539.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCF0540.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCF0541.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 253
-
Back