aluminum heads

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
500 each + $1400 in valve train=$2400 unless you shop around, then cheaper.

then you need a new intake and headers, or a new w2 flange and the ability to weld.

I know a guy who bought a whole econo setup with intake rockers n all ready to run for like $800, 3 or so years ago at spring fling.

damn did your friend have a horseshoe in his back pocket? lol

To the original poster..get in touch with Ryan J. at Shady Dell he's the "best" in the business when it comes to small block heads and knows more about what works and what doesn't when it comes to them ,then anyone posting on this board..thats for sure.

To the original poster..get in touch with Ryan J. at Shady Dell he's the "best" in the business when it comes to small block heads and knows more about what works and what doesn't when it comes to them ,then anyone posting on this board..thats for sure.

No, the only thing "for sure" here is that everything here is opinion......even yours.

best in the business?

take a look here for one of the best in the business

http://www.rwrengines.com/index.html

You 2 cut it out.

Stroked, I'm telling you directly, cut the **** or you'll have a vaction.

best in the business?

take a look here for one of the best in the business

http://www.rwrengines.com/index.html

Ryan isn't the best at anything. Ask my friends that had to fix the ported eddie heads they got from him. There are two more that I know of that don't believe the SD Ede heads are the issue, they are. Cars don't make power like they should. He's done a great job of marketing himself to the mopar crowd.

Best bang for the buck heads right now are the RHS's. If you can't do the work yourselff, by the time you get valves, guide, VJ, porting, surfacing, R&R/tanking you'll be in around a cool 1K+ on iron heads that are 40 years old and not as good as the newer piece that has a better chamber and more power capabilities.

Spend your money where you see fit.

Rob....I value your opinion very much so I ask in all seriousness.....how good are the RHS heads out of the box and completely unmodded? I have a small block or two to build in the future and was wondering. Thanks.

strokerscamp....they come unassemble from RHS...

so there is no OOTB heads...who ever you take the heads to will do a valve job...and the quality of there valve job will determine how good the heads will be...

500 each + $1400 in valve train=$2400 unless you shop around, then cheaper.

then you need a new intake and headers, or a new w2 flange and the ability to weld.

I know a guy who bought a whole econo setup with intake rockers n all ready to run for like $800, 3 or so years ago at spring fling.

Thank GOD your telling everyone who doesn't know. :-D

ok..got a new player...

Pro Comp Small Block Aluminum Heads ......PC-3048 Bare or PC-3048 Assembled OOTB

or PC-3049 CNC Bare...or PC-3049VJ CNC Assembled

be the first on your block to own a set...

ok..got a new player...

Pro Comp Small Block Aluminum Heads ......PC-3048 Bare or PC-3048 Assembled OOTB

or PC-3049 CNC Bare...or PC-3049VJ CNC Assembled

be the first on your block to own a set...

link?

Hum, shame, no flow numbers or price tag on the SBM head.

Hum, shame, no flow numbers or price tag on the SBM head.

I cant share from any experience, but i did some searching on ford/chev forums about their experiences with procomp heads for their apps and nonetheless not many are impressed...seems they are quite bad and need lots of work

havent found much info on the already established procomp BBM heads, though maybe i just havent looked hard enough yet

be interesting to see who takes these and makes em work and how

I googled pro comp cylinder heads and read a bunch of articles and reviews. They don't seem to be well received...

Procomp heads have been out a while,they are cheap and cheap parts/poor quality.They are off shore stuff,the big block heads are basicly the same as the 440 soruce heads but cheaper parts ect.I know a few chevy guys that bought them and they are junky,thats why you cant find them as no one really deals with their stuff.

the procomp big blocks are a Edelbrock Victor clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back