aluminum heads

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have never heard of a true OOTB head that didn't work better without some help. No matter who it is from. Then again, if you get the head from someone like Brian (OU812), he'll take care of all issues before he ships it out to you and all for a reasonable price that should make you smile.

You mean kinda like the Edelcraps?

Edelbrocks were very WELL received especially by the Mopar guys who ACTUALLY race their cars,go to the track sometime and see what aluminum heads most are using you'll probably find Edelbrocks on 6 out of every 10 motors..:-D:-D

Edelbrocks were very WELL received especially by the Mopar guys who ACTUALLY race their cars,go to the track sometime and see what aluminum heads most are using you'll probably find Edelbrocks on 6 out of every 10 motors..:-D:-D

actually most of the fast mopars around here are running iron...and factory iron at that too:toothy10:

WhereTF do I get these?

good question

I may be wrong, but i think modern cylinder head had a CNC program on the Pro Comp BBM heads...they were like 1200 bucks or something? maybe they'll do it for the SBM heads too...though i have no idea what the quality was like

The Pro Comps are just like the Source heads, but not as well thought out. I have yet to see anyone who has them post how great they are. Whether or not I agre with the results at least Source has/had that.
As for the OP - Edelbrocks are still the best bang for the buck in aluminum. No aftermarket head is good "out of the box". WHich is why many now are available bare. Expect to have a shop check and correct them. Usually it's guide clearances and replacement of valve springs. In my case(s), I have the valve job redone and I have them milled to set the chamber size more than due to defect, but the valve jobs are pretty bad from the manufacturers. Normally, RPMs with this type of prep are about $700 more than a similarly rebuilt performance set of iron heads with no porting, and will flow aroun 240-245 which is slightly more than the typical X/J/915/596/308. I'd much prefer to run aluminum if the budget allows, but not all do.

according to stan weiss site those pro comp bb heads flow good, especially ported.

But 34 heli coils @ 10each or what ever...hmmm to able to do it yourself would be good.

I still have my eye on stealth heads.

I have a friend runnin a cuda that'll go 9.40s with iron heads on the motor. That fast enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back