Aluminum radiator and water pump choice

-

POPS6T6

Reaction score
I am putting a 360 in my 1966 barracuda with automatic 727 transmission. I am curious if anyone has a good part # for a replacement radiator.I am running an electric fan. Also, I am assuming a high flow water pump would be the right choice?

I have searched on summit, and there are about 63 choices, leaning towards the Griffin but not sure which one to pick? I'm afraid of ordering the wrong size or have other clearance issues.

If you want to go with a Champion, Your choices are 1635, 374, 526 based on what water pump and how wide you want it. Click on the link below for the specs of each

The 1635 is a 22" unit that is designed to fit many mid 60's body styles. The 374 is a 26" small block unit that is designed to fit the 70& up B&E bodies but many people have fit them into a-bodies. The 526 is designed for the 70-72 A-Body 340 cars but should fit in yours as well.

You may need to drill some new mounting holes for any of these based on your application but the price is generally worth the little bit of extra work.

http://www.championcooling.com/Catalog Online/CHAMPION.CATALOG.htm

That was very helpful! Thank you for taking the time to explain that. I have seen the wider ones in summit listed as for my car, but wasn't sure about the fitment. I have no problems drilling the correct holes, I am considering and electric water pump and also running an electric fan.. So will have to check how much room I have for thickness.. Thanks again!

just had a radiator and fan shroud made by Tony Smith radiators, excellent work. Tony makes his radiators all by hand. he's been making custom radiators for almost 30 yrs. great guy to work with.

google tony smiths radiators. he is located in Indiana. won't be disappointed. bruce

just had a radiator and fan shroud made by Tony Smith radiators, excellent work. Tony makes his radiators all by hand. he's been making custom radiators for almost 30 yrs. great guy to work with.

or google tony smiths radiators. he is located in Indiana. won't be disappointed. bruce

What are the specs,on that radiator?

Got any pics?

specs fit right in the stock opening for a 68 barracuda 22" radiator. tubes are 1.25" and can handle up to 600HP.

-
Back