Aluminum slant 6 - not mine - Red Lion, PA

-
It is and not to far from me. To bad I just rebuilt the one for the 64 Cuda. That would look awesome bare aluminum and semi polished in the car!

It would be great for a max mpg project. Bare bones early A ,OD 833 and some 3.23s. Would scoot right along too!

I would jump all over that if I could figure out a way to get it here.

61-62 vintage, excellent chance the deck is corroded after sitting. lots of hype, little return....Have at it.

61-62 vintage, excellent chance the deck is corroded after sitting. lots of hype, little return....Have at it.

There are these new things out....maybe you've heard of them. Machine shops. They can put a new surface right on the top of a block just fine. lol Those things can probably stand 1/4" or more whacked off. I said whacked off. Plus, I think I have a way to make it "corrode proof" if I ever fine one.

I said whacked off.

There are these new things out....maybe you've heard of them. Machine shops. They can put a new surface right on the top of a block just fine. lol Those things can probably stand 1/4" or more whacked off. I said whacked off. Plus, I think I have a way to make it "corrode proof" if I ever fine one.

I said whacked off.
I worked in a machine shop for many, many years and I did a lot of "Whacking off"!!! Best times of my life!!:rofl::rofl:

Yes, I said "Whacking off!!!"

I worked in a machine shop for many, many years and I did a lot of "Whacking off"!!! Best times of my life!!:rofl::rofl:

Yes, I said "Whacking off!!!"

Me too! Fun, ain't it? lol

Yes. The whacking must be measured.
Yes....the length and depth of each stroke is critical to get maximum satisfaction ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................when whacking off .............................................................................................................................................................................................. the block surface. And don't forget the lubricant (coolant) when whacking off with each stroke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen many of these over the years. Like any slant they will often start and run. The question I always ask is will it hold anifreeze. I've seen many of these that rotted out behind #6 cylinder at the base of the cooling passage/cylinder. Then I check the cylinder tops at the head gasket for corrosion pits.

daffy_fapping.gif
jagoff.gif

I sent the guy an email....but no response. I'd love to have the thing. Maybe I could work somethin out with one of yall close by? Probably a moot point since he ain't contacted me.

How light do you think you could get an early A body with that block and an aluminum OD etc while maintaining a full interior ? Kind of a sleeper MPG rig .

Rob, you wouldn't want it...its a 225.....

They dont even run cam bearings!

No response anyway, so it doesn't matter.

-
Back