-
Status
Not open for further replies.

barnyardbarney

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Needed AM/FM Thumbwheel radio for a Plymouth. Let me know what you have. Also I have an AM/FM working Thumbwheel radio for a Dart which I would trade for the Plymouth. Paypal ready. Thanks Barney

there was someone not to long ago on here with a few am fm face plates for sale dodge and plymouth .and also someone with an am/fm thub wheel radio he wanted a g note for it

There is a slight difference between the 2...something about the dodge having an extra chrome tab....I can post pics if need be.

Ok, I am no expert here, but take a look at the pics, the one on the right in all the pics is the plymouth one and dodge is on the right. The chrome pieces surrounding the plymouth is chromed plastic, same with the push buttons. On the dodge, it is one complete piece and is chromed metal. Push buttons on the dodge are black. On the bottom of the plymouth, you will see a stud/bolt on the lwr left corner, dodge doesnt have one. On the very back of the dodge, you will see a stud/bolt and not for the plymouth one. Last pic has the dodge chromed piece taken off and placed on top of the plymouth radio. Again, I am no expert, as maybe the black buttons indicate a slightly newer radio for dodge. A few subtle differences though and if you are contemplating the amount of money am/fm are being sold at, these reference pics may help

Attachments

• DSCF6639 (Medium).jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 327
  • DSCF6640 (Medium).jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCF6641 (Medium).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCF6642 (Medium).jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 308
  • DSCF6645 (Medium).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 306
  • DSCF6647 (Medium).jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 319
Thanks Bill, I know thumbwheels in cudas were 68-9 only, not sure about the darts. Just want people to be aware that a thumbwheel aint simply a thumbwheel....there are some variations to them depending on year and make/model

Since i bought a Dodge AM that I was planning on having refurbished, will the Dodge fit in the Plymouth. I'm not doing a concours restoration.

Glad this was brought up before I spend about $400 on it.

I have a 70 Duster I was going to put it in, but was seeing if someone needed a swap or I will use this one for my 70. Or just buy another, but Plymouth. I will be acquiring another 69 Dart in the future which I would use it for that.

From what little research I've done, i do know that they're worth their weight in gold! Someone else is offering one for $1000 and the consensus is he should hold out for the concours restoration buyer. Good luck!

From what little research I've done, i do know that they're worth their weight in gold! Someone else is offering one for $1000 and the consensus is he should hold out for the concours restoration buyer. Good luck!

Hold out! This is why people think their Mopar parts are "Gold"..:banghead:

Geez! I thought this is what happened over on Moparts, not here! :protest: I let go of some rare stuff here cheap just to help a fellow A-body guy.

I think the difference in the mounting (both front and rear) had to do with rally or non-rally dash. Didn't the button finish (chrome or black plastic) have to do with the price line of the car? Barracudas and Signets and GT's were chrome and 100's and 170's were black?

This is what I would do, find someone with an orig radio in their 70 duster, chk to see if everything matches what you have with your radio. If everything else matches, just swap the black plate. Just my opinion

hold out! This is why people think their mopar parts are "gold"..:banghead:

Geez! I thought this is what happened over on moparts, not here! :protest: I let go of some rare stuff here cheap just to help a fellow a-body guy.

..bingo...

here is the spare radio I have for a dart-- do not know which had black buttons & which did not. Lawrence

Attachments

• summer2011 008 (Large).jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 221
68 Barracuda AM/FM'S were dealer installs only according to the sales brochure that's why they are so pricey. Don't know about other years or models though.

if your still lookin i have one that i took out of a 69 barracuda formula gts, with the rally dash. i was gonna use it in my 70 duster, changed my mind cause i want real tunes. 500.00

Needed AM/FM Thumbwheel radio for a Plymouth. Let me know what you have. Also I have an AM/FM working Thumbwheel radio for a Dart which I would trade for the Plymouth. Paypal ready. Thanks Barney

I have your Plymouth radio and i am also in south Florida just north of Palm Beach. It has been completely gone through by Wards Radio service. You can come and see, touch it before you buy it. Drop me a Pm for my info

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back