Am I being rude?

-
Strangers dont usually walk onto property and wander down your driveway without being invited were I live, unless they have criminal intentions.
My driveway fits one car in front of the garage, so its easy to look into garage and see what's in there....why i mostly keep the door shut......
Im into landscaping my property, I plant a lot of flowers and fall is for planting bulbs and putting in mums
When im out there, folks walking by stop often and compliment, maybe a short friendly conversation.
Im flattered and dont mind....Same with the old car but anyone I dont know stepping foot in the garage is a no-no and im vocal about that

I live in a small town. My 3/8 acre yard is pretty messy. My drive-in garage door is rarely open. But I rarely lock it or my house.
I am the garbage-man, and everybody knows me.
You might not believe this or even understand the significance of it; But here's what I did;
I gave it all to the invisible One and thanked Him very much for letting me use it. And since it was His now, He was welcome to give it away to anybody who needed it more than me.
That was over a decade ago, and so far, the mess is just getting bigger.
I got lawn chairs scattered in a few choice places, and when people pass by, I invite them in, and we visit. You can guess where the conversation goes.
I made a driveway to connect my front street to the alley. I covered it with River Rock, you know, tiny round smooth stones about a half inch in diameter. It makes an awful racket when you drive on it, which I can hear from anywhere in the house. I live on a corner, and so my driveway is a sortof shortcut to main street. It sees a fair amount of traffic. Sometimes they stop, and I make a mad dash down the stairs to go visit.
Everybody knows the garbage man. I have been called the face of our town, because of my propensity to stop and visit, with anyone who wants to, in the middle of the street, and you can guess where the conversation goes.
Am I rude?
More like; anti-rude

Don't get me wrong, I have no problems when people see me working and walk up and want to ask about the car. Like at some of the shows, I tell people to ask any questions, as I love talking about my car.
But my problem is the people that pull up, roll down their windows and ask, What do you want for the car. or questions that I can barely hear, then expect me to walk up to them.
Like I said, if someone asks how much for the car, I say $50K. If they ask if I was kidding, I would pause, think about it and tell them they are correct, I should have said The car is worth $75K.

Get the hell out of your car and walk up and talk to me like a civilized human. I love it when you tell the gypsies that the car is $75K and they want to haggle. They start at $3,500
Then I ask if they would like to see my guns, up close and personal

-
Back