Am I stupid?

-
My best friends wife likes to roll down the window in their car whenever a Corvette pulls up and say, "Sorry about your *****" LOL!!!!

78 Corvette who cares, if it was a 58 or 67 then I would suggest a little more thought should have been used in your decision, otherwise I would lose no sleep over it.

I think those year corvettes are especially ugly...I'd rather have an 80's LT1 camaro instead..lol still a piece of **** though...keep the duster!

I would take my 77 Vette that I sold any day over one of my early A bodies. I drove the living crap out of the Vette and it never lost any value. My early A bodies on the other hand are worth more in parts but still worth less than the Vette.

If getting the Corvette means giving up your Duster...NO WAY!:wack:But if you could flip it, and put the profit into your Duster, that would be good. The guy wants to trade for your Duster because it would be a good deal for himself.

I'll add myself to the 'correct choice not to trade' group.

AFAIC, the last nice looking corvette was the '77. Whoever came up with the 'pacer' back window for '78 should have been shot with a ball of his own...well, you know.

Like most stock stuff they need a little help to perform like they should, have a 81 vette 400, 4 spd but its not very stock and handles like its on rails:-D

You did the right thing. Nothin.

yup.

car for car....right now...the vette would be worth more. But a vette is a vette and normally they top out on value around $10,000.00 and I don't see the one I am talking about being worth much more than $7500 or $8,000

and I think the duster could easily enough be worth more than that and I think that its value will only go up over the years.

anyhow....its not really about the value to me I guess....I just have a thing for the duster and have to much time,money,scrapes and scratches and bruises and tears invested into it to just get rid of it.

not to mention its the very first vehicle I have ever made it into a magazine and on top of that I would really like to keep my little one involved in helping with it and I would really like to give it to him one day.

plus I have really been looking forward to getting it done and taking it to car shows.

there have been a few cars I have started and got half way through and sold them and regretted never finishing ......I really am looking forward to finishing the duster and getting that feeling of accomplishment.

its been a long road already....I just hope things start coming together a little better and that I can come up with some needed parts I have been trying to get for awhile now so I can actually make some significant progress on the duster.

Im down to body work and paint basically now ( which I guess could be considered the home stretch considering what the car was when I originally bought it.....no engine,no trans,no brakes,ugly worn out interior and so on)

thanks to all those who chimed in and made me feel a little better about the choice I made:cheers:

you know the difference between a corvette and a porcupine.......
the pricks are on the outside of a porcupine.............lol.

I wouldve traded the duster for the corvette, only if it was a 63 to 67 convertible only

isn't it wild and crazy who has that as has signiture?? corvette's suck farts LOL

Been there done that owned it for three years...spent more time trying to fix stuff than I did driving it...... never again!!! suck farts is a good description.... working on coke bottles is a huge PITA and they do ride like crap...they handle ok but the ride will shake your teeth loose
IMHO correct choice

Thanks guys.

Im glad I stuck to the " Mopar or No car" state of mind lol

I have owned several old Vettes over the last 25 years, and several old Mopars too. I have a lot of friends in both circles, and I can tell you this....the Vette guys sure as hell don't talk smack about Mopars like Mopar guys do about Vettes.
Grow up already. Most of you talking bad about Corvettes have never even ridden in one, nevermind driven one, much less owned one. Talk crap about foreign cars, not another American made icon. GM, Ford and Mopar are on the same team in that regard.

Dusterdude, the Vette you were offered is a nice car. Maybe it's not what you want/need right now, but it's still a nice car. Best of Luck getting the Duster completed and on the road. I'm sure you'll be happy with it once it's finished.

George

I have owned several old Vettes over the last 25 years, and several old Mopars too. I have a lot of friends in both circles, and I can tell you this....the Vette guys sure as hell don't talk smack about Mopars like Mopar guys do about Vettes.

Maybe not in your area. But in my area they seem to be in a world of there own. Your car is worthless to them. To some of them the Vette is king. And they do put MoPars and others down. Why I don't know. I like all American made cars. MoPars are my favorite.

Fred B

....besides, CorvetteDude78 just don't roll off the tongue!!! Not around here at least!!! And what would Mopar Muscle have to say about their proud Young Gun if he defected to the Generals camp!!!LOL!!! Good choice, my dad had a 78 Anniversary Edition and it was a piece of crap!!! Now, relax, have a cookie and get back under/in/around that Duster where you belong!!! Geof

Just gotta go with your gut feeling on this one. Even though the corvette was almost complete, I'm sure you would need to fix things here and there if you had it.

-
Back